Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exercises in the hotel room

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whlinder
Don't think I've seen any mention of stretching... Getting a good 30 minute or more stretch in once a week is really good for you (at least I've found it to be).

Maintaining/improving flexibility is key to overall health/wellness/fitness.
I agree. P90x has a full hour of stretch/week on the "off" day. Add in the 90 minutes of yoga/week and its a ton more stretching that I've ever done.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
I came across this site which seemed helpful:
http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/12/...hotel-workout/

It was good for a quick workout when I couldn't make it to the gym, but I have not been able to make a routine out of the "gymless" workout yet. Also, the rows mentioned on the blog seem rather impractical to do to me without a good bench and dumbell set.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by doctor15
I came across this site which seemed helpful:
http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/12/...hotel-workout/

It was good for a quick workout when I couldn't make it to the gym, but I have not been able to make a routine out of the "gymless" workout yet. Also, the rows mentioned on the blog seem rather impractical to do to me without a good bench and dumbell set.
Some of those look pretty decent. I'm finding gymless easier and easier to do!

I didn't see the rows that you were talking about....
Old Feb 7, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by annerj
I didn't see the rows that you were talking about....
For level 1 he recommends "one-arm luggage rows".

I didn't find this practical because 1) my suitcase was rather bulky and awkward as a weight 2) it didnt weigh that much and 3) the only surface i had to kneel on was my bed did not serve as a good stable platform for the movement.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
I was in a Marriott once, tall building, fitness center closed for the week. I had, 20 stories I think, so I grabbed the music player and went for a walk along a floor, up the stairs, along the next floor, up the stairs and continued to the top floor. Do check that the stairs allow the access and are not restricted to fire evacuation only.

Other option is if the weather is not bad (too cold or precipitation), pick a restaurant that is far away and walk to it. Usually at home a walk is about 3 miles round trip for me, so I try to find a restaurant that is 1.5 miles away (if the route is safe).

And I walk as much as possible when in the office and around town when I can. Every step helps
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
You can actually do a decent strength workout with zero equipment.

- Dips inbetween to chairs or something similar.
- Handstand pushups (on a wall if you cant hold handstands)
- Diamond pushups
- Pseudo Planche Pushups (Hands touch the floor around waist level
instead of shoulder lever, upperbody leaning forward a lot, VERY hard if you’re not used to it.
- Supersetting pushup variations (for example 10 Diamond PU, 10 narrow PU, 10 medium width PU, 10 wide PU and back down the ladder)
- Bulgarian Split Squats
- Pistol Squats
- Leg Raises/Dragonflags

And if there is anything stable that you can pull yourself up to…that’s where the fun begins with pullups, chinups and levers.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:58 am

I love that fairmont give you work out gear for free to use as a benefit for status, any other hotels do this?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bsaced
I love that fairmont give you work out gear for free to use as a benefit for status, any other hotels do this?
Its been discussed in another thread but I don't think so.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Some do, but as mentioned it's in a dif thread.

Cheers.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 6:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I travel light - one carry-on and "personal item" can last me through a three- or four week long trip, multimodal transport, etc. So I am a fanatic about taking things I find really necessary - definitely a sleep mask and ear plugs, because the airlines' are shoddy and don't work well or hold up.

For exercise, I really enjoy walking, so I travel with good walking shoes and because I have plantar fasciitis, "Superfeet green" supports. But I also like to do some resistance exercises, and I find a set of loop or stretch resistance bands with exercise cards or a light booklet with copies of exercises I want to do from a book take up little room, weigh little and are very handy to use in a hotel room. (Fair disclosure - I am approaching my seventh decade, so I want to keep fit, but I am probably not going to start my USMC routine anytime soon.)

Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:16 am

In Hotel Room, Do Some Push-up, Dips, squats, jumping Jacks, Ab Work-out, little bit jumping jack, Pole-dancing. Yoga is also good option.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 8:00 pm

Globoclubfitness offers discounted gym memberships for business travelers. I would check out their website.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: United-1K, Million Miler; SPG-Titanium and Lifetime Platinum; Globalist
Burpees, pushups, planks, squats, lunges.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Danny Klein
Globoclubfitness offers discounted gym memberships for business travelers. I would check out their website.
Do you work for them? You have 4 posts & all are directing people to the company/their website.

Cheers.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by annerj
We should have the burpee challenge....100 burpees for time and post your time
First time doing this: 9:22.

My suggestion:
10 push-ups, 15 squats, 20 sit ups, rest 1 minute.
As many time as possible in 1/2 hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.