Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2011, 7:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I only ate one Nestle's drumstick instead of the normal two
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
While lunch was a McDonald's happy meal, dinner was a Lean Cuisine steamers meal.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Originally Posted by kipper
While lunch was a McDonald's happy meal, dinner was a Lean Cuisine steamers meal.
Excellent choice with the Happy Meal. They are correct proportions. It's such a shame at there is such a push to outlaw them in some cities. I really wish everyone was encouraged to get one instead of the high fat, high cal burgers and fries.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Discovering that my weight had stayed constant despite two weeks on the road (one pretty rough, food-wise) with no working out was a motivator... I figured if I could stay constant there, that maybe if I amped up the workouts and watched my nutrition while at home for 10 days, perhaps the scale would show me some love. So I got my food adjusted for the weekend AND put in 1.5 hours of gym time yesterday and again today. Alarm is set to do it tomorrow am too.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by It'sHip2B^2
On Fridays when I head for home I always stop at Fresh Market to get salads for my husband and me. They have great premade salads if you should happen to drive by one in your travels, btw. It's almost a two hour drive home and I wasn't in my usual car which has coolers in the trunk so I almost didn't go. But I wanted to show my love for my husband so I went and bought only enough salads to fit in my lunch tote. I was hungry and decided to get a snack to have before hitting the road. Instead of hitting the chocolate covered whatevers I bought a single banana. At the checkout I told the bag boy to keep it out since "it'll hardly make it out of the building. It tasted wonderful and filled me for the whole drive home.
That's a terrific story. Anyone who struggles with saying "No!" to fattening food can relate. I was at the Costco this weekend, and had to resist all kinds of stuff I knew would set me back - chips, frozen quiche and burgers, the pastry section, a big bag of potatoes - had to pass all of them by.

Lots of brisk walking. I'm alternating between "work days" and "fun days" - I put extra focus on "work days", and on fun days, I can relax a little. I'm down seven pounds after a week. Will see how I do this week.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by It'sHip2B^2
Excellent choice with the Happy Meal. They are correct proportions. It's such a shame at there is such a push to outlaw them in some cities. I really wish everyone was encouraged to get one instead of the high fat, high cal burgers and fries.
The Happy Meal served another purpose too--I was on my way to baby-sit, and it gave me a toy to use for bribery with the 4-year-old. She knows that if she's good while I'm there, she'll get a toy. If she's bad, she doesn't get anything.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 7:40 pm

An hour of walking, a breaded ( ) cod filet, refried beans with sour cream and heated sweet corn. Clementine for dessert. Vin blanc a boire, bien sur, avec le poisson.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Solid workout week last week and a solid start this week (row class AM/Spin class PM on Monday.....run today).

Focusing on portion control.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Brought lunch from home again today. Had a packet of apple slices and grapes as a mid-morning snack. Just finished lunch (Lean Cuisine sandwich), and have 2 more packets of apple slices and grapes for this afternoon.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:27 am

Brought lunch from home again today. Had a packet of apple slices and grapes as a mid-morning snack. Just finished lunch (Lean Cuisine sandwich), and have 2 more packets of apple slices and grapes for this afternoon.
Way to go. Me, I had a blue cheese dressing/romaine salad with mushrooms, blue cheese, red onions and tomatoes, and a pink lady apple for later.

By the way, when I stepped on the scale Sunday night, it DID reflect a seven pound loss. However, we know how this goes - it's back up three pounds or so. Nothing I can do except keep going. ^ I could gain all seven back and it wouldn't deter me.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by anonplz
Way to go. Me, I had a blue cheese dressing/romaine salad with mushrooms, blue cheese, red onions and tomatoes, and a pink lady apple for later.

By the way, when I stepped on the scale Sunday night, it DID reflect a seven pound loss. However, we know how this goes - it's back up three pounds or so. Nothing I can do except keep going. ^ I could gain all seven back and it wouldn't deter me.
I feel like I should eat another packet of fruit, but I'm not hungry. Perhaps I'll save them, and eat them before dinner instead. I'm going out to dinner with a friend tonight, so while I'm planning to eat smart, eating the fruit while on the way to the restaurant will probably help with that.

I do think the only option is to keep plugging away at it. Think about it--the only other option is to give up, and well, that shouldn't be an option for any of us.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 8:36 am

I got back on the scale this morning, and it says I'm back down 7 lb. total. ^ I'd forgotten that achieving a set weight loss goal is almost always a roller coaster. Dinner was a couple Aidell chicken/apple sausages (+ mustard) and leftover corn/beans - more than I should have, but like I've said, too strict adherence leads to failure. Some cheese and fruit, too. 3-4 miles walking.

I have more room in my t-shirt. ^
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Lunch was a Wendy's Baja salad no guacamole. Thanks taylorc418--power of suggestion....

I saved 100 calories by using the chili as a dressing, not the suggested dressing. I probably saved more than that, since I only ate about 2/3 of the chili as dressing, and threw out the rest of it.

Wasting food annoys me, but I'm trying to always keep from eating a bite or two of whatever meal. I figure it's a good way to shave a few calories without noticing.

Breakfast was McDonald's Fruit and Maple oatmeal, missing the fruit. I've tried it with the fruit and didn't like it as much as plain.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:02 pm

I saved 100 calories by using the chili as a dressing, not the suggested dressing. I probably saved more than that, since I only ate about 2/3 of the chili as dressing, and threw out the rest of it.
That's an excellent idea. @:-)

Wasting food annoys me, but I'm trying to always keep from eating a bite or two of whatever meal. I figure it's a good way to shave a few calories without noticing.
In theory, it's upsetting, yes; in reality, throwing out half is sometimes the best thing to do, on many levels. For example, you could eat it, but if that makes you less healthy, how does that serve anyone's interests?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

That's an excellent idea. @:-)
Using the chili as dressing, or throwing out 1/3 of the chili and the dressing that was included with the salad?

In theory, it's upsetting, yes; in reality, throwing out half is sometimes the best thing to do, on many levels. For example, you could eat it, but if that makes you less healthy, how does that serve anyone's interests?
I can't say that I'm throwing out half of the food yet--just a few bites with each meal, and about 1/3 of the chili today. Actually, I take that back. On Monday, I did throw out half of lunch. But, that was because what I wanted was more expensive than a different option that included what I wanted, but also had 2 additional items. I don't know why that was and I can't explain it, but that's how it was. So, I ordered the larger option and then threw out half of the food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.