Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fitness Goals for the week of February 27, 2011

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2011, 8:00 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Fitness Goals for the week of February 27, 2011

It seems to me that as I look at my own life and read the threads in this forum obviously motivation and staying on goal is the hardest part when you travel. SOOOOOO time to use this forum for what we asked for it for, to help each other do this....my thought...at the beginning of the week we post our goals for the week, throughout the week we come here to keep on track and support each other, at the end of the week we look at how we did!

I'll start...

Here is what my week looks like:
Sunday: MSP-DFW; Monday: Client and then DFW-MSP; Tues: Clients in Town; Wed: Client in town then MSP-DTW-HPN; Thur: Client in NY; Fri: Client in NY then drive to Massachusetts; Sat: staying with friend in MA; Sunday: Friend and then BDL-MSP.

I know this is going to be a terrible week for me with that schedule.

My goals:
Make my 1700 calorie goal every day (I tend not to eat weeks like this)
No junk food and no soda
Eat a source of lean protein each day (not just protein shakes)
Cardio at least twice (that is going to be a challenge)
Old Feb 27, 2011, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I can barely keep track of my days; probably not going to keep track of my weeks But good luck w/ your goals & to others who might join in with theirs. You can do it.

I'm actually in town for 5 weeks so might be easier for me to be consistent in making/hitting some goals.

I remember one time as part of a group we had 3 weekly goals: food, exercise, personal/social.

Cheers.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I'm lucky that I don't travel again until next Sunday so I should be able to have a productive week.

I do have a team dinner at a fondue place (they picked it, not me) which will require me to plan my other meals around that one. I also have three rehearsals this week which is good for eating since those will keep me closer to home where it's easy to cook and eat first (but not as great for finding unlimited workout time).

Goals -

* Breakfast at home daily
* Cook dinner at home 4-5 nights
* Healthy snacking - only items on my eating plan
* 8-12 glasses of water daily
* 8-10 hours of cardio training across week
Old Feb 27, 2011, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Home this week which makes it easy

I know my schedule as its pretty routine

Monday - bi's, stairs, in the a.m. after dropping the kids off at the bus but before work then hoops after work for an hour
Tuesday - back, stairs, (am) then hoops after work
Wed - Shoulders and stairs; run outsdie at lunch (at work) if the forecast holds out) big drinking night for our annual Little league draft that goes 6 to 10 p.m.
thu - Chest, hoops in the a.m. if there are enough guys, if not stairs
Friday - None.. hoops after work if I can squeeze it in
Sat - Legs, hoops
Sunday.. hoops day

if any day tops 60 and its not raining or with 50 mph winds, I'll run outside

each week at home is like that at least till its 60 each day
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:02 pm

Follow what Ontri tells me for marathon training
limit sugars
Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I know my schedule as its pretty routine

Monday - ..., stairs, in the a.m. ....
Tuesday - back, stairs, ...
Wed - ...
thu - ...if not stairs
So you do the evil stairs machine 3x a week? How long are you on it?

I did it once, but full disclosure, I also did deadlifts the same day. I really struggled through running the next day, and it took me 2-3 days to really recover.

As for me, here's what I'm doing/done--
Mon-AM Swim, PM 2 mile treadmill, weights
Tues-AM Swim, PM run (debating on group track or just my usual)
Wed-AM Swim, PM 2 mile treadmill, weights
Thurs-AM Run, PM ride (if the weather holds)
Fri--AM swim with a friend, PM 2 mile treadmill, weights
Sat-off (other than a 2-mile dog walk)
Sun-long run (sometimes a ride or a recovery swim)

generally most weeks I'm home are similar. it changes around April through October when it gets warm here, and nearly all of my running is in the early morning, other things shift around (I'll sometimes do a short run later in the day but it isn't too pleasant).
I work from home on Thursdays, so sometimes get up early and drive to the city pool for lap swim (goes 5:30 to 7:30am), sometimes start work early, sometimes sleep later. this week the dog is getting groomed, so I want to get out running with her before that.
some of the gym treadmill runs turn into elliptical workouts if I feel like I need a break.
in a pinch, I'll swim in the gym pool near my house (poor lane markings) or over summer during open swim at one of the city pools (more like combat swimming, even in a designated lap lane)
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
30-minutes with the IPOD Touch and the closed caption TV and it flies by

its tough on leg day thats for sure

right now my hams are sore but its supposed to be in the high 50's tomorrow so I plan on running outside at lunch, time to get serious, gotta give back that 3 1/4 lbs I found since last week
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:53 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Exercize:

Monday: MAD-IAD so give self break <check>
Tuesday: Watching the weather, since in high 40s, 6 miles on trail <took it easy...70 minutes to do the 6 miles>
Wednesday: Watching the weather, if not too windy, 6-8 miles on trail <only managed another 6 miles in 71 minutes. Havent run outside in a while, so I am blaming that >
Thursday: 60 minutes on elliptical, core strengthening <check!>
Friday: 3 miles on treadmill <the weather was so nice I did 5 miles outside on the W&OD trail >
Saturday or Sunday: Watching weather, either long run outside or 60 minutes on elliptical, core strengthening <FAIL! didn't get in any cardio at all this weekend. Ah well, a new week to try again!>
Nutrition:

Calorie deficit of my earned workout caloires every day. Meet or exceed fiber and protein goals every day.

That's a pretty intense week for me, but despite walking all weekend in Madrid, I did come home with a few tapas, tinto and Guinness-based unwelcome pounds.

Last edited by kokonutz; Mar 7, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.