Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

3 Yr Old twins Disney World or Land

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 Yr Old twins Disney World or Land

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2009, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by 6rugrats
ArizonaRoadWarrier and others are correct about pricing for lap children on international flights. I also don't understand how you paid only $200 for $36,400 tickets? Please explain.
Not sure how I can "explain". All I can tell you is that's what we were charged.

Maybe the airline made a mistake? Although, I doubt it - we flew international last year with the kids as well and it was $100 each that time too.

We're also flying with them this weekend as well. Because it is domestic, there is NO charge. I just completed the booking and am staring at the email confirming our flights.

Sorry if this seems to bother folks. It is what it is I guess.

Cheers,
Old Aug 2, 2009, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a feeling that Flews is referring to some close in Caribean island destination and Flews is NOT aware that these often price and are treated the same as DOMESTIC by most airlines, Flews does NOT realize that we are referring to proper international flights and Flews will have a nasty surprise when he finds what it is going to cost him to Australia.....
Old Aug 3, 2009, 6:25 am

Flews has his tickets in hand, bought and paid for, thank you. So I think I might have a better idea of what they cost than all my armchair quarterbacks.

Can we now put an end to this?

Cheers,
Old Aug 3, 2009, 10:18 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Originally Posted by Flews
Flews has his tickets in hand, bought and paid for, thank you. So I think I might have a better idea of what they cost than all my armchair quarterbacks.

Can we now put an end to this?

Cheers,
The lap children have tickets?

I am not "bothered" by this, merely wondering on what airline and routing you were able to pay only $100 pp for lap children on an international routing. I know on AC, for example, on international flights only, infants between 0 and 2 years travelling on their parent's lap pay 10% of adult fare.

FT is a good place to share this information to help others. Perhaps other posters were just wondering the same thing, not being "armchair quarterbacks".

Last edited by 6rugrats; Aug 3, 2009 at 10:25 am
Old Aug 3, 2009, 10:29 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Originally Posted by hfly
I have a feeling that Flews is referring to some close in Caribean island destination and Flews is NOT aware that these often price and are treated the same as DOMESTIC by most airlines, Flews does NOT realize that we are referring to proper international flights and Flews will have a nasty surprise when he finds what it is going to cost him to Australia.....
I believe Cayman is mentioned in the other posts. Correct that this is considered domestic by many airlines and not subject to the international pricing rules for lap children.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exactly, and it would seem that Flews is being deliberately Obtuse on this subject. After all Flews, if you have really really figured out a way, and bragged about it, to get around the 10% fare which almost all carriers on Earth charge, then it is your responsibility as a FT'er to tell people. (But more likely, it will be "Er, this was the case to GCM)
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA Premier, SWA Rapid Rewards, Alaska Air Mileage Plan, AAdvantage, CX Marco Polo
Experience as a parent of a 3.5 yr old

We took our 3 1/2 year old daughter to Disneyland (the original one in California) and she enjoyed it a lot. Of course, we are in California so geographically and logistically speaking the Anaheim park is our obvious choice.

Yes, the Florida resort area is bigger and has more attractions to offer, but let's put it from a perspective of a small child - it really doesn't matter. Most kids of that age aren't going to really care about that - there are plenty of things to entertain them, and the real issue is going to manage the children so that they don't get too exhausted and hot and bothered (both of the Disney parks can be really overwhelming to parents and children). So I say, go to the park that is the easiest to reach, whereever you are.

Some hints for easier park-going:
1) You may want to put your name (parents) on your children somewhere - like a name tag, or wrist band that they can't take off, with your cellphone number, in case the kids get separated from you in the park (this happens all the time at amusement parks).

2) Go early in the morning. There are less crowds then, and the heat (and humidity) is less.

3) If possible, and if you can get a good price, you may want to stay at lodging where you can either walk to the park or get a easy shuttle bus, so that you can avoid parking in a lot that is miles away and can be difficult to enter and exit.

4) To avoid spending too much $ on souvenirs, set your child's expectations accordingly. Believe it or not, we managed to visit without being nagged about getting any Disney souvenirs.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 11:38 pm

Just got back from Disneyland, where we spent the day with our toddler.

I would also take the weather into consideration. Even in CA, the mid-day summer heat was somewhat oppressive. I imagine FL is even worse. Perhaps different weather issues other times of the year?
Old May 31, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
3.5 year old twins at Disney World

We are taking our 3.5 year old twins with us to Disney World this year with a group of Flyertalkers. All are welcome. If you'd like information please PM me. We went last year, and it was a fantastic trip. Dates. Nov. 29th-Dec. 5th. Four Seasons hotel, negotiated rate $299.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
We are taking our 3.5 year old twins with us to Disney World this year with a group of Flyertalkers. All are welcome. If you'd like information please PM me. We went last year, and it was a fantastic trip. Dates. Nov. 29th-Dec. 5th. Four Seasons hotel, negotiated rate $299.
That might be fun!
Old Jun 1, 2015, 1:06 pm

I would do a one day trip to Disneyland and spend the rest of the time visiting other sites (e.g. beach/San Diego/zoo, Legoland, etc). If you can afford it take the 3 hour private tour - you will be able to do all the rides you want with little waiting. If the trip is not centered just on Disneyland you will have more flexibility.

If you want to focus all your attention on WDW I strongly suggest a Disney hotel on the monorail. Grand Floridian is nice and has nice pools. You can walk from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom. You need to be able to quickly get back to the hotel for a break or the family won't last. In any case, much better to visit in Fall.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:38 pm

We took our twins in February when they were ten months to WDW. It was a blast but my wife and I have been to Disney dozens of times and know the place very well. We're taking them back in November (1.5) and February 1 yr 10 months (SPG points at the Swan). It's such an easy place to travel with kids and there is plenty to do.

In November we're doing the Wine and Dine half marathon (dad and friends not the kids!) and the international food and wine festival. I strongly recommend going at less crowded and better temperature times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.