Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

are cooler bag ice packs for formula/breastmilk allowed through security?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

are cooler bag ice packs for formula/breastmilk allowed through security?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2013, 8:40 pm

A word of caution about the blue ice packs based on an experience I had. I was carrying milk for our daughter on a long flight with stopovers (KUL -> TPE -> LAX -> TPA). By the time we made it to LAX the ice packs had thawed and TSA security in the Delta terminal made us throw them away despite us firmly insisting otherwise. At least the TSA agent provided some Ziploc bags and told us to ask for ice from one of the food outlets in the terminal, which worked out ok. Since then we usually just travel with boxed milk to avoid the need for traveling with ice.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I've had about the same experience traveling with Blue Ice thingies as posted above. Gave up on using them long ago.

Alternative for me are often frozen grapes. As they thaw you can eat them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.