Wiki Posts
Search

Why is it that...

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2008, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Angry Why is it that...

people who don't have kids and apparently hate them come to this forum?
Too much time to kill, I think.

There are a lot of people who legitimately want to work on finding a decent travel experience with their kids, and "leave them home" or "keep them away from me" isn't the answer. That's just snarky and uncalled for.
Old May 14, 2008, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er
people who don't have kids and apparently hate them come to this forum?
Too much time to kill, I think.

There are a lot of people who legitimately want to work on finding a decent travel experience with their kids, and "leave them home" or "keep them away from me" isn't the answer. That's just snarky and uncalled for.
I don't have the answer, but I use their comments as a learning tool to help me consider the possible intrusions that my children might cause. I take my children in first class, we book five star properties, and eat in nice restaurants, despite the protests from some on this board who would prefer otherwise. But I take their comments and try to keep them in mind and keep my children relatively under control (after all, kids will be kids). I get a lot of compliments on their behavior, and my children get a lot of nice experiences when we travel. It's a balancing act, and I think that the comments made by those who don't care for kids just reminds parents that there's "another side to the coin". Take their comments with a grain of salt, if you want. Or just ignore them.
Old May 16, 2008, 9:38 pm

Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team
In my experience in this forum, the vast majority of posts are from people who are asking sincere questions or posting helpful responses about travel with children.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.