Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Travelling to India from NYC with baby

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2007, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

My wife and I will be travelling to India with our 9 month old daughter next month. We are flying to Paris (7 hour or so flight) and then from Paris to Delhi (10 hour flight) - all on Air France. I have a number of questions - appreciate your suggestions.

Has anyone used Air France from NYC to Paris and / or Paris to Delhi? I've heard they are pretty good accomodating babies . . .

We plan to bring a car seat, toys, food, diapers (tons of them) etc - anything else?

One final question - any tips on managing jet lag for the baby?

Thanks much.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 10:17 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
generally, i will tell you to check with the airline to ensure that they will allow the carseat to be used on board.

check out this page and this page on AF's site. looks like you may be able to get a bassinet, provided that your child is under 10kg (about 22lbs) and 70cm (about 27.5") and there is one available.

don't forget formula/milk (and if milk, something to keep it cold). also, sucking on something or drinking during takeoff/landing should help with the discomfort from pressure change. dress your child comfortably, something she can sleep in (ie, no jeans or dresses).

Last edited by gobluetwo; Oct 10, 2007 at 10:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.