Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

travelling with nanny but dont know her name

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

travelling with nanny but dont know her name

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2005, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation travelling with nanny but dont know her name

xmas is coming. il be travelling w grand kids and a nanny; wont hire nanny till dec; how do i book trip now? shouldnt the airlines invent a program?
Old Oct 22, 2005, 11:45 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by martino
xmas is coming. il be travelling w grand kids and a nanny; wont hire nanny till dec; how do i book trip now? shouldnt the airlines invent a program?
Suggest hiring the nanny ASAP. At least the grandkids will be acquainted with her and you can book a ticket under her name. Do not feel airlines are obligated to provide a "nanny program."

Edited to add that Nanny should travel in same class of service as the kiddies.

Last edited by obscure2k; Oct 22, 2005 at 11:46 pm Reason: class of service
Old Oct 23, 2005, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by obscure2k
Suggest hiring the nanny ASAP. At least the grandkids will be acquainted with her and you can book a ticket under her name. Do not feel airlines are obligated to provide a "nanny program."

Edited to add that Nanny should travel in same class of service as the kiddies.
nanny program or elderly asst program could add revenue;
Old Oct 23, 2005, 4:41 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AF, SPG and Tivo!
Most people don't just hire a nanny out of the blue. Are you going to take the grandkids' regualr babysitter. I would not be comfortable just hiring someone even now (about 9 weeks out) and then travelling with them during Christmas. A break-in period is a definate need.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 7:22 am

nanny program or elderly asst program could add revenue;
It would add more revenue if you had to buy a last minute ticket.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 9:16 am

Programs: AA, UA, HH
Your post wasn't entirely clear on whether or not you are talking about hiring permanent or just temporary for the purpose of your trip. Unless you really need to have the nanny actually on the plane with you, how about contacting a childcare-employment agency to help you with hiring someone located in the area of your destination? Another benefit of this solution is that the agency does all the necessary background checking for you.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is such a program: It is called a "refundable ticket."

Oh, you meant an advance purchase discounted ticket. Oh, I see.

Nope, airlines don't usually care to sell a ticket with a job title in the space where the passenger name goes.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Actually, I can see a market here. Drug smugglers, human traffickers, people that don't know which nanny they are going to hire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.