Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

travel w/ family in London--hotel or flat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2004, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Planning a European trip next summer that will include 1 week in a Paris timeshare and some time in London. So far, there are 4 of us going (myself and 3 children, ages 15, 9 and 8)..but if DH decides to come along, that makes 5. Most hotels in London have a limit of 4 per room... and those rooms run upwards of $200/night. I have started looking into renting a flat--similar price to hotel room(s) with more space and cooking facilities. Just wondering how other families handle traveling to London? What hotel(s) would you recommend for families? Any leads on rentals of flats? Thanks.

DEB
Old Jul 15, 2004, 10:23 pm

Programs: UAL, NWA, AA
flat is better, but a reasonable one is tough to find. Very undeveloped market with lots of crap. The so called "flat-hotels" are undeveloped "rip-off" places in most of the cases.
Hotel rooms are GP100+ for 5*, sorry. I've got 3* Holiday inn big room with foldable sofa ad-on for GP50/ night, breakfast incl. during winter lows.
IT's been quite a headache for me all time. Can't give you particular leeds, don't use them now, but for your info 1B good weekly price is 500GBP - good size, standard, nice area.
Old Jul 16, 2004, 11:53 am

I've recommended this before here and will continue to do so:

On my family trip earlier this year we booked two rooms in the Dolphin Square hotel. It's a little out of the way, south of Victoria, but was one tube stop from Victoria station and in a nice neighborhood. I booked through priceline (see biddingfortravel.com for strategy to ensure you get Dolphin Square) for about $90/room/night (the regular rate is about 150 pounds/night). They combined the two rooms into a two bedroom suite with a kitchen and it worked out great. We esentially had the best of both worlds. Maid service, etc. of staying in a hotel and the space and kitchen of a flat.

I highly recommend this (and no, I don't work for Dolphon Square, Bidding for travel or Priceline ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.