Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Travelling with infant daughter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2004, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and More frequent traveller

Hi. I am travelling with my infant daughter (2 months old) by LH DFW-FRA-BOM. I have specifically asked lufthansa for a bassinet seat on both flights.
DFW-FRA is on A340-300 and they assigned me 27D
FRA-BOM is on 747-400 and they assigned me 43D
I looked at the seat maps provided on both lufthansa's web-site and seatguru.com. These do not seem to be bassinet seats.
What's going on? Can someone help? First time travelling with an infant...
Old Jul 9, 2004, 8:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Prestige, Starwood, Fairmont President Club, Hilton Honours
LH has various cabin configs even amongst the same aircarft type. Looks like 43D is bulkhead and this should be a bassinet position. On the Airbus 330s and 340s, the bassinets are usually only found in the first row of Economy as the first row in the 2nd cabin is an emergency exit and therefore has no bassinets or kids in that row. Suggest you double check with LH. Personally I have found LH Crews to be very good and very attentive to families, so don't worry. The seating is very cramped, so it can become very key to get the bulkhead row. Still think they offer baby amenities such as diapers, toys etc and most lavs do have fold down changing stations. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.