Wiki Posts
Search

Children for half price?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2003, 2:52 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
Why? Do you not like Expedia? Just curious.
Old Jun 20, 2003, 6:22 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Just for comparison, AF lets infants fly free in Europe; long-haul flights are 10% of an adult ticket.

Children (2-11) pay 2/3 adult ticket price for long-haul flights. I believe this is about the same for DL.

My son did get DL miles (100% qualifying for Medallion) on a K class ticket last week.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
JS --

It is not that I do not like Expedia -- I have nothing against them. However, airlines sometimes have better prices on their own web site than they do on web sites where there are multiple airlines. Further, the airline's own web site sometimes gives a miles bonus when the ticket is booked on their site. On Expedia, instead of giving that bonus to me in the form of miles, the airlines are paying a small % of the ticket price to Expedia.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 8:30 pm

Programs: Delta - PM; Marriott - Gold; Hilton - Silver
Orbitz also shows the 50% fares for infants. I'm currently booking a DL flight to MCO in Dec and they have the 1/2 off fare.
I personally prefer Orbitz over Expedia - I like the way its organized.
Old Aug 9, 2003, 6:14 pm
kdp

Programs: AA EXP/1MM
We've always received full AAdvantage miles on all infant-in-seat fares (INF50). BTW, the fares may be 50% off, but the taxes are full price! Most international destinations give infants-in-seat and kids 2-11 a discount, usually a 66-75% fare.
Old Aug 10, 2003, 9:48 am

Yes, NWA has infant fares, half of adult ticket price (even cheap sale fares). You can book these on the NWA website and no they do not earn miles. I just booked a ALB to RSW and it worked great adn prices were fantastic!
Old Oct 26, 2003, 10:36 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Help me out with this one...

Booking USAir, COS to BTV for next July (just testing the waters on fares), and I got quoted:

Adult $412
Adult $412
Child $462 (child, 2-12, not infant)

What's up with that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.