Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Child sleeping on Floor

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2003, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Child sleeping on Floor

Are there any airline/FAA regulations prohibiting a child (under two yrs) sleeping on the floor?
Old Mar 30, 2003, 2:27 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Given that many airlines either suggest or instruct passengers to keep the seatbelt on (even loosly) when seated, probably. Having said that I have slept on the floor with my sweetie on the four seats above (Airbus 310) and they didnt say boo. I am however considerably heavier than your average toddler
Old Mar 31, 2003, 12:41 am

Travelled to the US on Swiss in October and was categorically forbidden from letting our three year old sleep on the floor. We had business class seats, including for her, and there was soooooo much space down there - she was trying so hard to sleep and couldn't manage in the seat, but had just put together a cosy nest of blankets and pillows on the floor when the stewardess strongly forbade it. I asked for a reason, since the seatbelt sign was turned off and I promised to pick her up and strap her in if it went back on, but there was no budging. Same on the return overnight flight from Chicago-Zurich. Most unfortunate. If you're worried about having a sleepy head, then I recommend you talk to reservations and to check in and gate personnel and see if you can get a middle seat blocked so you have extra seat room s/he can stretch out on. Just make sure that you get a row where the arms lift!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.