Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Birth Certificates-Domestic Travel (US)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2003, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

We will be traveling with our 2 children, ages 5 yrs. & 22 months, from Dallas to Orlando soon. Should we bring the children's birth certificates with us?

I did not purchase a ticket for the 22 month old. Will I have to verify her age upon check-in with a birth certificate?

I would rather not bother with keeping up with the extra paperwork if not necessary.

Thanks,
John

[This message has been edited by jcarter944 (edited 03-06-2003).]

[This message has been edited by jcarter944 (edited 03-06-2003).]
Old Mar 7, 2003, 12:33 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Since you didn't buy a ticket for the baby, I'd really recommend bringing a birth cert, as you may get questioned about her age.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 1:54 pm
kdp

Programs: AA EXP/1MM
I got passports for both of my kids as babies. I've always brought the id on flights and have never been asked for proof of age. I've been told by a couple of TA's that they don't need id for anyne under 18 travelling with their parents on domestic flights. I'd suggest bringing a copy of the birth certificate to be safe however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.