Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Will a car seat fit in a business class seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2003, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: skymiles,

I am traveling with my 2 1/2 year old to Brussels and traveling on Delta in Business Elite. In all previous flights we have flown, we have had no problem fitting our Britax roundabout into the seat, however, that has always been flying economy.

I was curious if anyone had any experience fitting car seats in business seats? Also, should the seat not fit, is there a closet onboard that we could use to hold the seat or will we have to gate check it?

I am not overly concerned about her sitting in a seat with the lapbelt as she will probably sleep the entire flight from ATL to BRU. However I just wanted to have an idea in advance.

Thank you for positive feedbacks to my inquiry.

Cheers,

Vanessa
Old Jan 20, 2003, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC Elite
I cant speak for Delta, but my daughter's seat fits fine in business seats on Air Canada 319, 320, 321 and 737 equip
Old Jan 23, 2003, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
My son's Brittax seat has fit just fine on AA's business class seats. Just make sure to tighten the seat belt really tight. Since the business class seat is wider than the coach seat, there is more room for the Brittax to rock from side to side if the seat belt isn't really snug.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
My daughter's has fit up front on 737, 757, 767, 321, and MD-11's
Old Jan 29, 2003, 10:14 pm

yes, on most UA equipment.

In fact it is easier as the "buckle" actually can be fully extended and not stuck in the back tube thingy of the carseat. Kind of hard to explain, but it is better...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.