Search

FF Accounts for Children

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2002, 11:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
FF Accounts for Children

Since I can't bump the archived thread, here's a link in case anyone wishes to add to the discussion: http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ft...ML/003781.html
Old Aug 13, 2002, 10:51 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Because of this post, i'll see what we can do to move an older thread like this which has some great value into the active forum here. No promises but i just asked the tech guys for help. Good topic.
Old Aug 13, 2002, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Old Aug 14, 2002, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
My 11 year-old will be AA Gold after this weekend. He's very excited about it. Another future FT'er!
Old Aug 19, 2002, 9:04 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
My four and nine year old are both Delta and Hawaiian FFers. If you're going to take your kids on a flight, sign 'em up. Worst that could happen is that their miles expire. Both of mine have over 20K in their Delta accounts now and are close to the free ticket level. It's funny though, to see a two year old (when he first joined) get Amex and MCI solicitations from Delta.
Old Aug 20, 2002, 9:40 pm

Defintely sign the kids up! My nine year old
and six year old have earned several trips
already. They have two active accounts each. And yes, they also receive credit card offers regularly after flying.
Old Aug 24, 2002, 3:11 pm

Once the kiddies get a taste of the upgraded life they'll be hooked I'm sure. My 2 daughters and hubby loved it when all 4 of us got operational upgrades to 1st class LAX-HNL last June. They saw 1st hand how my time spent on this website has benefits for them!! (Also bought me some major good will for time spent away from home on business trips collecting all the miles!!)

Here's to the next generation of FT'ers!
Old Nov 15, 2002, 7:08 am

Programs: DL-GM, WN-CP, IC-Plat
If my kids are on paid tix, they're on a FF number.

Thanks to US's megabonuses over the past couple of months, one RT BWI-PHX netted 55k total miles, 35k towards status. My wife couldn't believe it when she and my 2 and 4 year old got Silver packages in the mail.

The kids are taking us all to Jamaica for Thanksgiving!
Old Nov 15, 2002, 7:30 pm

Location: Valley Springs, Ca USA;Proud Retired AAer SJC Ramp/ AA- 2 MM Platinum;Hilton Diamond
My two daughters, 11 and 8, are also EXP's. They are taking the whole family to see Harry Potter at the fantastic Odeon theater in Leicester Square in London, with a stop in Brussels on the way.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 10:29 am

Hello!

One of the posts on the link above states that when one has a lap child (under 2 years) he/she cannot earn any miles. I will be travelling with my infant son on Malaysian Airlines (my miles getting collected at Northwest) and there is a 10% charge for him. As it is a paid ticket (somewhat), could he get part of the miles on MH or NW? Any thoughts?

Regards,

Emil
Old Nov 20, 2002, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
I believe most airlines require the purchase of a separate ticket to earn miles. Lap children just don't cut it.

Here's another way to earn your kids miles...enroll in a program like IDine which gives Delta Skymiles. Route the miles to your kids account. That $30 you spend at the pizza parlor = 300 Skymiles. I haven't set it up yet but unless they've got some restriction, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 3:29 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GeorgeBurdell:
Here's another way to earn your kids miles...enroll in a program like IDine which gives Delta Skymiles. Route the miles to your kids account. That $30 you spend at the pizza parlor = 300 Skymiles. I haven't set it up yet but unless they've got some restriction, I don't see why it wouldn't work.</font>
Are you sure there is no requirement for the credit cards enrolled to be in the name of the person whose airline account is used?
Old Nov 21, 2002, 2:57 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hbcsc153:
Hello!

One of the posts on the link above states that when one has a lap child (under 2 years) he/she cannot earn any miles. I will be travelling with my infant son on Malaysian Airlines (my miles getting collected at Northwest) and there is a 10% charge for him. As it is a paid ticket (somewhat), could he get part of the miles on MH or NW? Any thoughts?

Regards,

Emil
</font>

No way - you only get miles with a purchased seat.
Old Nov 22, 2002, 11:37 am

Programs: AC Elite
Air Canada Aeroplan has a special program for kids (2 - 12)

https://www.aeroplan.com/en/about/kids_for_kids.jsp
Old Nov 23, 2002, 7:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eugene:
Are you sure there is no requirement for the credit cards enrolled to be in the name of the person whose airline account is used?</font>
Nope. Do it all the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.