Wiki Posts
Search

Car seat cart vs stroller

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Flying is safer than driving. Including for young children traveling in all sorts of ways.

And this mantra about lap children on planes being grounds for child abuse charges by governmental authorities is a whole other story.

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 17, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Old Feb 18, 2020, 1:53 am

Why are you taking a stroller AND a car seat with car seat cart? Seems like a lot of stuff when you could just do car seat plus cart for a trip, no?

I'm for going all the way to the gate with the one thing that you have, and then asking if there's room to take the car seat on, or leave it at the aircraft door.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Flying is safer than driving. Including for young children traveling in all sorts of ways.

And this mantra about lap children on planes being grounds for child abuse charges by governmental authorities is a whole other story.
People there is no truth to the false statement that flying is safer. The injury incidence of a properly belted infant (back seat, rear facing, middle) is negligible. That data is in the National Trauma Data Bank of the American College of Surgeons and has been presented at multiple meetings. There are many trauma surgeons who have been presented with the scenario of everybody in the car severely hurt or dead - but no injury to the infant in the back middle seat. The false post is a false reasoning used by those who are ?? too cheap ??? (I can think of no other reason) to buy a seat on an airplane.

From data presented at the American Academy of Pediatrics: The incidence of those children being injured in flight from being a lap child was 35.8%.
The most likely cause of injury is burns from hot drinks, according to data presented Monday at the American Academy of Pediatrics conference. That accounted for 39 percent of injuries.

Three infants died from SIDS from sleeping on stomach on sleeping parent.

cf: https://www.wbur.org/npr/499172561/f...ng-pose-a-risk

Turbulence is another matter: https://carseatblog.com/16971/lap-ba...ents-must-see/

If infants and children are in the window seat, the odds of having a hot beverage spilled on them go way down, since drinks aren't being passed overhead. They're also protected from things that could fall from overhead compartments, their fingers and arms can't get crushed by passing food service carts and they can't wriggle their way off a parent's lap and into the aisle.

And while some may not care if they get entered into a "rule-out" child abuse registry > one of the reasons for so doing is that it is a "scary educational tool" for the parent not to repeat it. It really amazes me that there are people who argue against the safety of an infant.

Plus google yourself, all the posts by parents whose child was injured on a plane: https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ren-ban/54989/

Last edited by knownothing; Feb 19, 2020 at 2:55 pm
Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Originally Posted by cafeconleche
Why are you taking a stroller AND a car seat with car seat cart? Seems like a lot of stuff when you could just do car seat plus cart for a trip, no?

I'm for going all the way to the gate with the one thing that you have, and then asking if there's room to take the car seat on, or leave it at the aircraft door.
Cafe: J'espère que vous reconsidérer ne pas acheter un siège pour votre siège d'auto sur les avions qui n'ont pas de berceaux https://www.ourglobetrotters.com/the...aby-bassinets/
Old Feb 19, 2020, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Flying on scheduled passenger airlines is far safer than driving. If people want to Beat the road back and forth bi-weekly between Cal ifornia and NY with children instead of flying with children between the two, then they should expect an increased chance of being harmed in an accident while driving as flying is far safer than driving.

Kids properly secured in properly installed car seats in cars aren’t immune from all injuries in car accidents, but the best car seats for the road are far more critical than having the same on a plane seat. Kids are far more in danger while in cars near their homes than they are when traveling in all sorts of legal ways on common carrier flights. Actuarial analysis ought to make that clear.

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 19, 2020 at 3:10 pm
Old Feb 20, 2020, 7:18 am
Suspended

Flying on scheduled passenger airlines is far safer than driving. If people want to Beat the road back and forth bi-weekly between Cal ifornia and NY with children instead of flying with children between the two, then they should expect an increased chance of being harmed in an accident while driving as flying is far safer than driving.

Kids properly secured in properly installed car seats in cars aren’t immune from all injuries in car accidents, but the best car seats for the road are far more critical than having the same on a plane seat. Kids are far more in danger while in cars near their homes than they are when traveling in all sorts of legal ways on common carrier flights. Actuarial analysis ought to make that clear.
Again GU. The data does not support your beliefs. Yes flying is probably safer for the driver - but we are talking about the infants. Again the National Trauma Data Base shows almost no infants injured (except the rare massive accident or rolling over off the road) that have been rear facing, middle of back seat. The incidence of injuries (including burns needing grafting and turbulence and fingers crushed) to lap babies is FAR higher than driving injuries.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 8:06 am
Suspended

U2 children in rear-facing car seats on roads do get injured too. Burn injuries and even crushed fingers can happen even for kids traveling in cars with properly installed car seats.

Driving is far more dangerous than flying on scheduled common carrier flights, and it’s why governments worldwide allow for lap children on planes even when they require car seats for the same children traveling in cars.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 9:46 am
Suspended

U2 children in rear-facing car seats on roads do get injured too. Burn injuries and even crushed fingers can happen even for kids traveling in cars with properly installed car seats.

Driving is far more dangerous than flying on scheduled common carrier flights, and it’s why governments worldwide allow for lap children on planes even when they require car seats for the same children traveling in cars.
Again you are making up facts. The data does not support your thoughts. .It is because of scare tacktics like yours. The infant is safer in a car than being a lap child. I presented you with data. you have false facts with no data to back you up other than for the driver - not the infant. I would suggest you don't post this again until you have RECENT data to back you up which you will not find. And burns don't happen frequently to kids in the middle back seat of cars. Noone is reaching over them
Old Feb 20, 2020, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Governments aren’t intimidated by me and my approaches, so I can’t but be amused by the idea that governments worldwide legally allow for lap children on planes because of scare tactics. Governments aren’t foolish for recognizing that passengers of all sorts are safer while flying on scheduled common carriers than as passengers of any sort in cars.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Governments aren’t intimidated by me and my approaches, so I can’t but be amused by the idea that governments worldwide legally allow for lap children on planes because of scare tactics. Governments aren’t foolish for recognizing that passengers of all sorts are safer while flying on scheduled common carriers than as passengers of any sort in cars.
GU you are wrong. If you read the data, they are intiminated by people like you that sprout old facts. And the drivers are more apt to be injured = but all of the data says different for the lap kids. You have yet to produce any recent data as I have. My belief only but you are losing your credibility
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:57 am

I don't think the policy regarding lost car seats is any different than other lost luggage. It's not like they have a pile of car seats sitting at every airport to hand out to people.

If the cost is your concern, check the benefits on the credit card you used to buy the plane ticket. Many travel-oriented cards include lost/delayed baggage protection that will reimburse the cost to replace items that are lost or delayed.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 4:57 am

Umbrella stroller is probably the best option!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.