Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

is it safe for infant to wear Noise Cancelation Head Phone (Bose 35) on the plane?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is it safe for infant to wear Noise Cancelation Head Phone (Bose 35) on the plane?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone,
We will fly from LAX-NRT on UA 32 with our 1 yrsold baby. Is it safe for baby to wear noise cancelling headphone (Bose 35) during the 11hr trip? Hopefully he won't cry because we don't want to disrupt other pax
Old May 10, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hondaman82
Hi everyone,
We will fly from LAX-NRT on UA 32 with our 1 yrsold baby. Is it safe for baby to wear noise cancelling headphone (Bose 35) during the 11hr trip? Hopefully he won't cry because we don't want to disrupt other pax
Please, please ask your doctor!
jsloan likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Well they may disturb him because of the size, I personally don't get on a flight without them. I wear them essentially throughout the flight and love them. Mine are not Bluetooth so I know of no issues with them.

Last edited by nomad420; May 10, 2019 at 5:34 pm Reason: typo
Old May 10, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by hondaman82
Hi everyone,
two things:

- active noise cancelling headphones are safe. passive ones designed for infants are even safer, imo.
- always consult your pediatrician
Old Jun 2, 2019, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta, Marriott,
no. They need their ears clear to decompress
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Equalization of the air pressure in the middle ear happens through the eustachian tube which connects the middle ear with the mouth cavity. There's no way that headphones can interfere with that.

Is your baby already used to wearing headphones for prolonged periods of time? If not, I see very little benefit to trying to introduce that at a time when a bunch of new stimuli and experiences are being introduced anyway. Also, what's making you consider noise canceling? The background noise of an airplane is exactly the kind of noise that most babies find soothing and helps them sleep. Having a strange foreign object, designed to fit a much larger head, press on your temples isn't.

Finally, did the flight already happen? How did it go?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.