Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Help with upcoming first trip with baby

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with upcoming first trip with baby

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Sid369
Thanks for sharing all the good ideas, Although I bought a ticket for the baby, now I am wondering If I should be carrying the car seat.

Is the car seat to be installed in the middle seat or can you install on the window seat as well. It will prevent the person in from from reclining correct, do they give you nasty looks?
The car seat must be installed farther away from the aisle than any adult passenger. So, usually, the window seat. If the carseat is installed in the middle seat, then nobody can sit in the window seat. Reason is, it's really difficult to squeeze past the carseat in the event of an evacuation.

Person in front might be partially impeded from reclining, will really depend on how much space there is between the rows.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: EB Silver, Finnair silver, BA, Flying blue
Hi, Our 8 month old completed her 8th flight (incl 2 TATL) a couplr of weeks ago (proud daddy showing off i know! )
Things i'd add to your list:
Dirty nappy "Containment" bags - no one wants a whiff of your babies poo when they put somthing in the trash in the washroom.
Cream for nappy rash
Teething gel (so you don't have to resort to the tylenol so quickly if this crops up)
spare pacifier if you're using one, generaly somthing to suck on on ascent and descent to help equalising the ears (we had no equalisation issues, using both a pacifier, sippy cup and nursing)
spare clothes for the parents (assume you mention for the baby above) - you never know when the last meal might appear again, or worse, a "poonami" which stealthily covers your lap... (yes, from experience!)
Exact change for two large Gin and Tonics for the parents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.