Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK with Toddler

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

TK with Toddler in J

Does anyone have experience flying on TK with a toddler? We were planning on bringing a car seat for the trip, but a customer service rep told me that it wasn't possible (without explaining why). We will be traveling in J if it makes a difference...

Last edited by jcoop; May 6, 2015 at 12:55 pm
Old May 6, 2015, 7:29 pm

Not with a toddler, but we did some long hauls on Turkish with a preschooler this past winter. Very impressed both with the airline in general and with their service for young kids. He got a very nice kids' meal plus a travel pack with headphones, coloring books and some toys. Also, the meals in general were the best food I've had on an airline in a very long time.

Can't speak to the specific car seat issue, sorry.
Old May 6, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Some non-US airlines don't allow the use of car seats at all. In addition, some lie-flat J seats use seatbelts with built-in airbags that aren't appropriate for use with carseats. So, the issue could be either of these.
Old May 8, 2015, 7:59 am
Original Poster

I did a little more research on my own, and it seems as though they don't really allow it, but most FAs won't stop you if you bring one. Sounds like the best course of action is to act confident and just to go for it.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=243257
Old May 8, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
What equipment? My personal experience is dated, but when I flew their wet-leased 9W 777s in J, carseats were not allowed due to the herringbone seats with airbags. Thankfully, the seats go fully flat and are nicely contained, so make a perfect place for toddlers to sit, play, and sleep.
Old May 11, 2015, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Erasmus
What equipment? My personal experience is dated, but when I flew their wet-leased 9W 777s in J, carseats were not allowed due to the herringbone seats with airbags. Thankfully, the seats go fully flat and are nicely contained, so make a perfect place for toddlers to sit, play, and sleep.
Assuming no last minute equipment stops, the YYZ-IST leg is a 77W (2-3-2) and IST-FCO is euro-style A321 3-3 with blocked middle seats. I'm not sure about the seatbelts though...
Old May 14, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: Lots of them, no status
I can't speak to the carseat issue, as my kids were just a bit older than that age (4 and 6), so we didn't bring any. However, I will say they are great with kids.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.