Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Vermont Airport is now mom friendly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2013, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Thai Gold, UA, AA, SWA

Vermont airport is first stop for mom-friendly Lactation Station

http://on.today.com/16TpjHh

US airports are finally doing something for the traveling moms. Just some good news.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: Enough
Women ought to just feed their babies whenever and wherever they choose!
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:02 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the discussion as the thread moves to the Travel With Children forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by durberville
Women ought to just feed their babies whenever and wherever they choose!
Yes, absolutely.

This kind of initiative is great for moms who are pumping, though. And not everyone is comfortable nursing in public.

FWIW, National Airport (DCA) has a "nursing lounge"--although it's a converted bathroom stall. I could imagine using it for pumping in a pinch; not sure I'd nurse a baby in it, though.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 10:45 pm

Programs: Mr Swise: AAdvantage LifetimePlt/3MM, HH Dmnd, SPG Plt
Totally agree that women should nurse wherever they're comfortable and not feel like they have to go into a cubby to do it.

In fact, the lactavist in me is a bit offended by designated nursing zones, even though I'm sure they were well-intentioned.

But then the pragmatist in me appreciates them. Babies can be so distractible and don't always nurse well just anywhere. Sometimes a quiet, cozy space is what is needed for a baby to stay focused while nursing. At least that has been the case with my two boys.

And, certainly, it is handy for pumping.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 12:01 am

Programs: 1MM AA - finally
I've recently had to use the nursing room to pump in seatac while traveling without my daughter. I was so grateful it was there so I did not have to pump in a restroom stall. I've never used it to nurse while traveling with my daughters, but might have to on our upcoming trip just because it's crazy inmpossibe to get her to stop looking around all the time.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 9:35 pm

After having to pump out in the open in a restroom, while listening to someone vomit in the stall right next to me, this makes me SO happy to hear!

I am the farthest thing from a lactivist (I do what I want, don't care what others do), but this was just the most humiliating and disgusting experience. Can't wait to tell my little one this story, LOL!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.