Search

Do not rent at jackson hole thrifty

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Red Sox Nation
Do not rent at jackson hole thrifty

Don't even think about it.

I ignored some of the bad reviews online because they quoted me a much cheaper rate than any other rental company online.

I arrived at the airport (granted a bit later than planned due to delays) and there was no Thrifty shuttle. I tried calling them, no answer. I tried the courtesy phone, no answer. After 30 minutes, and no shuttle, I went to the Hertz counter and the guy there told me this happens all the time, and already one other person had asked him tonight. He said that they "run out of cars and just close for the night". I called the Thrifty reservations line and was told that the rental agency at Jackson Hole should be open until 11, but were no further help.

I was able to get my hotel to pick me up from the airport, but now I'm stuck here without a car.

Any suggestions on recourse? I can get a car from another company, but it'll cost me an extra $200 (most of the companies no longer have cars available).

So much for being a reputable company. No company should leave their customers stranded at the airport.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
1-877-283-0898.

That's Thrifty's customer care. Press option 4. Get them there to approve you renting a car with another agency and submitting for the difference. Plus, they'd better give you a big discount or voucher as a deserved apology. Enough complaints and it's possible this guy's franchise could be revoked (you're not the first I've heard of this location).

After hours (the customer care department is closed now), call the same number but hit option 2 and then 0 and ask for the on-rent desk or the help desk. These are U.S.-based folks who have a little more authority than the normal Phillipine-based res agents. They might be able to work something out. I've even heard of them calling franchise owners at home in the middle of the night to solve problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.