Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy with Thrifty ???????

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2003, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Happy with Thrifty ???????

Due to my bosses aliegance, I use Dollar. I understand that they are owned by the same company DTG. The company goes to Dollar for the overall low rates, but I seem to watch the Thrifty van go by a lot more quickly at the airport. Does anyone have any personal input as to how much difference there is between the two?? If one division is better than the other, why not switch?
Old Apr 17, 2003, 9:17 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
I find Thrifty to have better rates in the locations I frequent. Blue Chip membership works really well at some locations-- like LAX. I find rental car agents to be universally obnoxious, so Blue Chip helps me skip the unpleasantries of attempts at upselling me.
Old Apr 17, 2003, 11:45 am

I have found Thrifty to be either much less or much more than competitors. For example, in CHS and MYR, Thrifty has per day rates (including all taxes and fees) of $15/day for an Economy car.
Old Apr 26, 2003, 6:17 pm

Renting an economy car from Thrifty can be tricky. I learnt this the hard way when they gave me a Geo Metro for an economy car!
Old May 3, 2003, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TransWorldOne:
I find Thrifty to have better rates in the locations I frequent. Blue Chip membership works really well at some locations-- like LAX. I find rental car agents to be universally obnoxious, so Blue Chip helps me skip the unpleasantries of attempts at upselling me.</font>
Agree with the LAX comment. Avoid Thrifty at LAS like the plague. Canadian locations seem better.
Old May 4, 2003, 8:34 am

I have heard of others having trouble with Thrifty at LAS but so far thankfully I haven't. The prices have been consistently lower when I’ve checked and the Blue Chip checkout and returns lines have been pretty fast also. I’ve have never had any car problems either. My only gripe is the wait time to be taken back to McCarran. They could double the size of their busses and still fill them.

So yes, I've been pretty happy with Thrifty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.