Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Thrifty | Blue Chip Rewards (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

Thrifty not charging drop charges on 1 way rental booked through kayak

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2014, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hh diamond, cp diamond priority club plat Alaska 75k Delta Gold

Tried various searches, and found multiple times where thrifty was not charging a drop charge for a one way rental when booked through Kayak. It looks like the other search/ travel threads were, as was thrifty itself.

ymmv, but worth a look if you are needing a one way.

worked both ways from the pick up and drop off point .... and in reverse.

Wads
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA:Lifetime Platinum; MR:Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by wads
Tried various searches, and found multiple times where thrifty was not charging a drop charge for a one way rental when booked through Kayak. It looks like the other search/ travel threads were, as was thrifty itself.

ymmv, but worth a look if you are needing a one way.

worked both ways from the pick up and drop off point .... and in reverse.

Wads
wads, thanks for the idea.

I tentatively booked a car on Kayak/Dollar for one week from LGA to MIA. The total came up to $98.00. I would love to rent a car this way but fear some kind of catch. Have you rented a car where they gave such a low price and, upon return, NOT been charged more?
Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:10 am

That's part of the FL drivein, which most companies are doing now from the Northeast. Do not confuse that with other random one-ways, where Dollar/Thrifty charges its usual separate drop fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.