Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz to acquire Dollar Thrifty

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Hertz to acquire Dollar Thrifty

Announced earlier today.

Mark P. Frissora, Hertz's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, "Combining Hertz and Dollar Thrifty is an excellent strategic fit. Dollar Thrifty is a $1.6 billion business with more than 1,550 corporate and franchise rental locations worldwide which, when combined with our global network, will serve rental customers on six continents from approximately 9,800 locations. Together we will be able to compete even more effectively and efficiently against other multi-brand car rental companies, offering customers a full range of rental options in the U.S. between the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Advantage brands. Dollar Thrifty also has a strong international presence, complementing our global footprint, which enables us to utilize a recognized brand to accelerate our leisure rental strategy in Europe and other markets. Financially, we believe the deal is attractive, accretive to earnings and structured to maintain Hertz's strong credit profile. We've identified at least $180 million of synergies already, primarily in fleet, IT systems and procurement, enabling our companies to operate at an even lower cost," he added.
Hertz is paying $41 per share. Dollar Thrifty's share price a year ago: $1.99.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:49 am

Yea, that consolidation should be a real...

bonus for car rental rates...

NOT
Old Apr 26, 2010, 5:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
...And then there was three...

What should the new acronym be... HDTAG?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by beckoa

This does mean there are only three major rental companies left in the U.S.:

HertzDollarThriftyAdvantage
EnterpriseAlamoNational
AvisBudget

This could get bad for consumers...
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa\'s PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by jackal
Originally Posted by beckoa

EnterpriseAlamoNational
AvisBudget

Yuppers...
Old Apr 28, 2010, 5:31 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by jackal

EnterpriseAlamoNational
AvisBudget

Correction:
HertzDollarThriftyAdvantageSimplyWheelz
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by blort
Hertz is paying $41 per share. Dollar Thrifty's share price a year ago: $1.99.
In March of 2009 it was even lower, hovering around 60 cents a share. Having not watched Wall Street at that point, I wasn't yet inspired to play with the stock market. I could've easily cobbled together $600 for 1,000 shares back then, and now that I've been unemployed for 9 months selling those 1,000 shares would've come in nice and handy right about now.

I'll probably stop banging my head against the wall around when the Leafs win the Cup again....
Old Apr 29, 2010, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
In March of 2009 it was even lower, hovering around 60 cents a share. Having not watched Wall Street at that point, I wasn't yet inspired to play with the stock market. I could've easily cobbled together $600 for 1,000 shares back then, and now that I've been unemployed for 9 months selling those 1,000 shares would've come in nice and handy right about now.

I'll probably stop banging my head against the wall around when the Leafs win the Cup again....
If I hadn't thought there was a 50/50 chance of DTAG going completely under, I probably would have cobbled together that $600. I'm still banging my head against the wall, too...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.