Transit from intl to domestic in Suvarnabhumi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2009, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M-exSEN, HH-Diamond, Bonvoy-LifetimePlat, BAEC Gold etc.

Do you know, if you need to go through immigration, pick-up your luggage and check-in once again in BKK, while you're flying from abroad to domestic?
I'll be flying TG with my family from FRA to HKT in July, and we have only 55 min. in BKK.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 8:14 am

Programs: A Few
Assuming you are on a single ticket and your bags are tagged to HKT...

You will clear immigration in BKK (at which point you will be in the Domestic concourse of BKK) and pick up your luggage (from the international baggage carousel) and clear customs in HKT.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 9:23 am

I think you are taking the earlier flight out of FRA that lands in BKK around 6AM or so. If this is the case, TG runs many more flights throughout the day. They can put you on a later flight.

The connection time seems pretty tight even for a Fasttrack passenger.

good luck,
drew

Last edited by ddrewboy; Jun 22, 2009 at 9:27 am Reason: missing info
Old Jul 3, 2009, 1:24 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
A similar question... if I am flying in on RJ from Hong Kong and out to Samui on PG 6 hours later (on separate tickets obviously), am I right is assuming that if I have any luggage I will need to collect it and recheck at BKK?

Any suggestions on things to do between a 23:20 arrival and a 06:00 departure? What time does the PG check-in and lounge open for domestic flights?

EDIT - an unexpectedly quick response to an email to Bangkok Airways Hong Kong office says that the answer to check-in and lounge opening is "around 4am".

Last edited by christep; Jul 3, 2009 at 2:45 am
Old Jul 3, 2009, 3:36 am
Suspended

why not just fly with PG from HKG to Samui

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.