Wiki Posts
Search

spending NY in BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2008, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

spending NY in BKK?

As a result of rather last minute change of plans we have a 4 day/5 nt stopover in BKK right around New Year. Does it make sense to make a quick side trip anywhere else (Chiang Mai?) or should we just stay in BKK?

We spent 4 days in BKK last winter so the place is somewhat familiar. I appreciate any suggestions.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 3:58 pm

It depends on what you like to do.
If you want a beach break without the bother of a flight, Ko Samet is pleasant and has accomodation to suit most budgets.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by azepine00
As a result of rather last minute change of plans we have a 4 day/5 nt stopover in BKK right around New Year. Does it make sense to make a quick side trip anywhere else (Chiang Mai?) or should we just stay in BKK?

We spent 4 days in BKK last winter so the place is somewhat familiar. I appreciate any suggestions.
Umm you rather stay somewhere near the road.Chiangmai is too farther away. relax would be huahin pattaya ko samet since its near bangkok and could spend 2 days there.
For Bangkok i recommend SIAM HERITAGE since i usually go there to get my suits done at the hotel .
For pattaya-- rabit resort is good.
For ko samet-- white sand hotel is preety good
Cheers
Old Dec 18, 2008, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions.
I'll be coming back from Krabi therefore I thought of smth north as an alternative.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 4:58 pm
Community Director Emerita

I find staying on the river in Bangkok relaxing, such as at the Marriott Riverside. Then you can decide whether to chill at the hotel, take the boat across and plunge into town, or take an excursion from the hotel such as to the Bridge over the River Kwai and Tiger Temple. The hotel has its own boat for dinner cruises, and the staff can arrange for your own long tail boat ride of the klongs.

I've been to Chiang Mai recently. Unfortunately, I was there when air pollution was extremely high. There is an interesting range of things to do and see. Starwood has just opened a new well located property.

It really comes down to how much flying you want to do, and whether a river respite appeals in Bangkok.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 5:50 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Chiang Mai should be lovely at that time of year.

Also good and easily reachable by air is Siem Reap in Cambodia. 4 days would be perfect to see the Angkor temples and chill a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.