Wiki Posts
Search

Nai Yang Beach in late October?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2007, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Nai Yang Beach in late October?

Thanks to a recent CNN.com article, Mrs djerikd now wants to go to Nai Yang beach for a week or so. However, the only *A awards we can find in Biz or FC (on TG) are at the end of October.

Is that late enough in the season that we could expect some nice weather, or should we look at March 2008?

Also, She likes the idea of staying at the Indigo Pearl in one of their Private Pool Pavilions. We're big on privacy, warm water, and nice beaches. We're not looking for a family (kid)-oriented resort and don't need a lot of resort activities like golf, tennis, etc. We just want to get away from it all and spend the week poolside or at the beach along with a couple of side trips to enjoy the local culture. Do the experts here have any other lodging recommendations where we could get a nice, upscale suite (or large room) for under $3K for a week?

Appreciate any help as this will be our first time in Thailand.

- Erik
Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Miles ‘n More, Thai Royal Orchid Plus
Nai Yang is a nice quiet beach not far from from Phuket airport. Nothing remarkable about it, in my humble opinion. At least it's away from the Phuket tourist scrum you find at Kata, Karon and Patong. I don't know the Indigo Pearl, but I have stayed at Nai Yang Beach Resort which was pleasant enough. Maybe you could consider going one hour up the road to Khao Lak, where you have a number of beautiful resorts on much less crowded beaches.

Weather on the Andaman coast in late October will probably still be quite stormy and rainy. But there will likely be lots of sunshine in between the tropical rain showers.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Thank you for your response. As someone who has never traveled to Thailand, the input from those who are familiar with the area is greatly appreciated.

After doing some investigation about Khao Lak, it does indeed appear to better suit our tastes and needs.

I've even managed to place a StarAlliance business award itinerary (SQ on the transpacs! and TG on SIN-HKT) on hold! I'm now inquiring with the various hotels to determine lodging availability.

Thanks again for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.