Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 days in Thailand?? What to do??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2004, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Well, I'm sure you shouldn't have too much problem. However, as with anything that you just show up to do (car rental, airplane tickets, etc), it will cost you more.

I'd suggest at least checking online to get an idea of prices and such. There are many travel agents in Phuket that can book you a room the same night for a discount off the hotels normal rate.
Old Dec 3, 2004, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Can anyone recommend a good hotel on the beach? Under $60 a night?
Old Dec 3, 2004, 8:08 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
I am sure I've seen reports of people getting the JW Marriott in Phuket for about US$80 via priceline, which is a steal as it's an awesome place. With the dollar currently running about 1.92 to the pound getting quoted in US$ is a winner for us at the moment ^ .
Old Dec 5, 2004, 6:31 pm

Writing this from Phuket. We just stayed at the Marriott in Phuket. Right now they have a promotion going: $99++ as they say, for three nights at the hotel. That is not a per night but total cost for three nights. $199 if this is over a weekend. The only catch is that you have to be willing to submit to a 1-2 hour sales talk re buying a time-share condo with Marriott. It is not an overly hard sell, however, and then you are free for the rest of your stay It is a true bargain for this type of place. Keep in mind the Marriott is all the way on the north side of the island, however, and so you should be looking for beach relaxation and not Patong-style excitement. It is about 45 minutes to Patong. Also the restaurant prices at the Marriott are expesive even by Western standards (with the possible exception of the British right now!) and totally outrageou by Thai standards. (Two grilled tiger praws cost us over $50 USD, for instance.) But if you are careful you can get away reasonably cheaply and for the quality of the resort it is a great deal if that is what you're looking for.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
So is there a particular part of the island that i should ask the taxi driver to take me to when i land?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.