US Citizen - Thailand Multiple Entry Visa ?'s

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2004, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First

Hello, I understand from the Thailand consulate's website that US Citizens do not need a visa for tourist trips of 30 days or less.

I'm using BKK as my base for a 39-day trip over November/December. I'll be entering and leaving Thailand 4 times over that 39-day period, never staying in Thailand more than 5 days.

Do I need a visa?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 2:14 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Nope, as long as the total stay is less than 30 days, the clock starts running again each time you enter the country. Therefore you will have at least 4 entry and exit stamps. If your trips are international, you get to pay 500 baht each time you leave unless in transit.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Thanks for the quick reply!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.