Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Passport expires on June 30th. I'm in the 6th month of validity. Would that be fine?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passport expires on June 30th. I'm in the 6th month of validity. Would that be fine?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2023, 1:15 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by braslvr
Interesting to know. So now, when a passport is full of stamps, it's done and you have to re-apply, pay, and get a brand new passport? At this stage it won't affect me, but still doesn't seem fair. FWIW, I looked and I last had extra pages added to my US passport in Hong Kong in 2005. No charge.
That is sadly how it is - it sometimes makes me thing that it is just about extracting as much money from you as possible..
My personal record in running out of pages was my last passport - it lasted a mere two years
Old Jan 17, 2023, 1:37 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Interesting to know. So now, when a passport is full of stamps, it's done and you have to re-apply, pay, and get a brand new passport? At this stage it won't affect me, but still doesn't seem fair. FWIW, I looked and I last had extra pages added to my US passport in Hong Kong in 2005. No charge.
I have not only to reapply and pay, I also have to go personally again to the passport office in my home country or to the embassy, where my photo and biometric datas are taken, even they have been taken 2-3 years ago for the passport that got full
in addition the format of our passports was reduced and there are pictures on some pages, where some immigration officers are reluctant to stamp....so overall the passports have now much less "real estate" for all the visas and stamps...
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
US stopped offering the option to add pages to an existing passport in 2016.
Thanks for that. Can we still request extra pages when we apply? (the thick one) There was no box to check. Just note it. Or did that go away too?
Old Jan 17, 2023, 4:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Thanks for that. Can we still request extra pages when we apply? (the thick one) There was no box to check. Just note it. Or did that go away too?
Still available, AFAIK. See the first application page (after the four pages of instructions) in the attached link; looks like the box for "large book" is still there (above the name block, under the "U.S. Passport Card" box):

https://eforms.state.gov/Forms/ds11.pdf
braslvr likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 3:18 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by MichielR
Anecdotal and sample of one, but I was denied boarding by TG a few years ago as I had 6 months minus 2 days validity of my passport.

IIRC I was supposed to be going from ICN to TPE, where Korea did not but Taiwan definitely did require 6 months. The passport scan triggered a warning in the system.

I would not take the risk.
I believe Japanese and US citizens do not need 6 months passport validity to enter Taiwan. Everyone else does need 6 months though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.