Search

USM-LHR Baggage Check Through

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2022, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Atlantic, British Airways
USM-LHR Baggage Check Through

Hi all,

I'm just looking for some guidance with regards to flying home to LHR from USM after reading some conflicting advice. My understanding is only Bangkok Airways flys in and out of Koh Samui so there's clearly one choice from there.

I'm ideally looking to fly home via BKK, and would like to check my luggage right through to LHR so I can just make a connection. However, I've read a few things that suggest Bangkok Airways will not check luggage through, even on a codeshare.

Would anyone be able to help me confirm:

If I book what looks like a codeshare Thai Airways to LHR via BKK if I can check through my bags?
If the advice is any different for any other Star Alliance partners?
Anything else I just need to be cautious about here!

Many thanks for any help.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 1:19 pm

If your flights are on a single ticket I think you should be guaranteed checked- though baggage. Separate bookings, then it's at the discretion of PG.
Lagunium and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 8:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The list of airlines for which PG will check through on the same ticket can be found here: https://www.bangkokair.com/through-check-in

I would expect PG to refuse to check through on separate tickets.
11277m and Lagunium like this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Atlantic, British Airways
Very much appreciated, thank you both!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.