Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Negative pathogen/PCR Test

Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold

I’m in sukhumvit and I didn’t know I need a negative pathogen or PCR test to go back to America. I’m leaving in 24hr, and am staying at the clover Asoke hotel. Does anyone know a good place nearby to get a negative covid test?
Old Feb 13, 2022, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I’m in sukhumvit and I didn’t know I need a negative pathogen or PCR test to go back to America. I’m leaving in 24hr, and am staying at the clover Asoke hotel. Does anyone know a good place nearby to get a negative covid test?
I don't know of anyplace close to you as I typically use the video proctored BinaxNow test. I would think the hotel may have a place they could suggest.

But maybe as a helpful hint, if you just need the test for entry into USA (and not any transit or airline requirements), you should be able to use an Antigen Test, which is typically cheaper and has faster results then PCR.
Maybe that's what you meant by "Pathogen", but thought I would point it out .

Good luck.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I don't know of anyplace close to you as I typically use the video proctored BinaxNow test. I would think the hotel may have a place they could suggest.

But maybe as a helpful hint, if you just need the test for entry into USA (and not any transit or airline requirements), you should be able to use an Antigen Test, which is typically cheaper and has faster results then PCR.
Maybe that's what you meant by "Pathogen", but thought I would point it out .

Good luck.
Yes I just need a negative pathogen test, I’m totally unfamiliar with this area
Old Feb 13, 2022, 3:11 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
For PCR WellMed in Vasu 1 Building at Sukhumvit 25/Sukhumvit junction, 3 mins walk from your location, opens at 9am. Similar distance is Global Doctor Clinic in Interchange Building. Former I use, latter never used.

Not sure if either of the above does pathogen test. Further away on Soi 5 is Fresh Code, which you could try.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
MedConsult has a walk in service on Sukhumvit 49 results within 15 mins
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by maerim
For PCR WellMed in Vasu 1 Building at Sukhumvit 25/Sukhumvit junction, 3 mins walk from your location, opens at 9am.
I wanted to use them (walking distance from the SGS, etc) but they weren't open on weekends.

I went to MedConsult (Dr Donna), ATK with certificate was 500 THB, takes 20 minutes. Make an appt through their facebook page.

-David
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I wanted to use them (walking distance from the SGS, etc) but they weren't open on weekends.

I went to MedConsult (Dr Donna), ATK with certificate was 500 THB, takes 20 minutes. Make an appt through their facebook page.

-David
I have done a few PCR tests with Dr. Donna. Very good service. Prompt results as promised. A bit of a walk to any BTS though. I think Prompong is the closest BTS.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:37 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Davvidd
I have done a few PCR tests with Dr. Donna. Very good service. Prompt results as promised. A bit of a walk to any BTS though. I think Prompong is the closest BTS.
exactly...Thonglor is a bit more far away...but there are either taxis or small vehicles available to drive you deep into Soi 49
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Davvidd
We took a grab there, but on the way back the car couldn't find us We walked out on to the Soi and got a ride to the BTS station.

That's why I would have tried WellMed if they were open.

-David
Old Feb 16, 2022, 6:06 am
Original Poster

I ended up doing it at the airport. it was only 550THB and super convenient. The results took about 20 minutes.
goodeats21 and LIH Prem like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 1:19 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
I ended up doing it at the airport. it was only 550THB and super convenient. The results took about 20 minutes.
A PCR test? And if so, can I book it somewhere online?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 1:57 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Granite64
ATK - PCR results and price cannot be at that level.

You can book MedConsult online, no problem - worked like a charm the times I have used them.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 1:59 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Granite64
No. I believe NWplatinum is referring to a rapid antigen test, for entry into the USA. 😊
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:22 am

delete

Last edited by Granite64; Feb 17, 2022 at 3:57 am
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
No. I believe NWplatinum is referring to a rapid antigen test, for entry into the USA. 😊
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
ATK - PCR results and price cannot be at that level.

You can book MedConsult online, no problem - worked like a charm the times I have used them.

Ah I was confused, I thought he was talking about a PCR test. I used MedConsult before, very good service!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.