Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Travelling to Phuket via 2 countries from the UK...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2021, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Hello all.
I have flights booked for December to Phuket. Unfortunately the routing is somewhat convoluted: London to Warsaw - Overnight in Warsaw - Warsaw to Doha - 2 hour layover - Doha to Phuket. (all three of UK, Poland & Qatar are on the approved list)

The question I have is whether the Warsaw leg causes a problem for entry rules. On this website (https://www.mfa.go.th/en/content/thailand-pass-faqs), paragraph 17 says that the 21 consecutive days in approved list countries can be accumulated in several of those countries prior to arrival in Thailand...whereas, most other sources (e.g. Thai Embassy in London: https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/requirements-for-foreigners-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-tra) suggest that the 21 consecutive days must be accumulated in the departure country.

Anyone know what the precise rule is?

Lastly, is the 72 hours for the PCR test measured from the date of the test or the date of the test results? (again, I've seen both!)

Thanks.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:00 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
the mfa site is in this case the more reliable source than the site of an embassy, which are no longer involved in the approval process.

for entry into Thailand it is max 72 hours between the time the result is issued and the time of your departure (in your case from Warsaw)
but most people do not test earlier than 72 hours before departure as you have no control, how fast the result is issued

some airlines have different rules, max 72 hours or 48 hours swab before depature....
Old Nov 19, 2021, 4:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Originally Posted by pkpkpk
Hello all.
I have flights booked for December to Phuket. Unfortunately the routing is somewhat convoluted: London to Warsaw - Overnight in Warsaw - Warsaw to Doha - 2 hour layover - Doha to Phuket. (all three of UK, Poland & Qatar are on the approved list)

The question I have is whether the Warsaw leg causes a ptroblem for entry rules. On this website (https://www.mfa.go.th/en/content/thailand-pass-faqs), paragraph 17 says that the 21 consecutive days in approved list countries can be accumulated in several of those countries prior to arrival in Thailand...whereas, most other sources (e.g. Thai Embassy in London: https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/pu...g-covid-19-tra) suggest that the 21 consecutive days must be accumulated in the departure country.

Anyone know what the precise rule is?
I don't know chapter and verse, but judging by my experience, it won't be a problem. I stopped over in Helsinki for a few hours, and went in to town, but I did use my second passport for entry into and exit from Finland just in case. When I got to immigration in Phuket, there didn't seem to be any checking of whether I had been to other countries recently. If, like me you have a passport with lots of stamps, they're probably never going to spot a Polish entry stamp. If you have a passport with few stamps, they might spot it, but as Poland is on the OK list, I think it is vanishingly unlikely that any objection would be raised.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: oneworld, Star Alliance
My experience, in the 21 days prior to arriving in Phuket I'd been in the US (where I live), the UK, Germany, Austria and Qatar. Had no problem upon arrival in Phuket. I had outlined it in the COE application prior to arrival.

Good luck!
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by sprez33
My experience, in the 21 days prior to arriving in Phuket I'd been in the US (where I live), the UK, Germany, Austria and Qatar. Had no problem upon arrival in Phuket. I had outlined it in the COE application prior to arrival.

Good luck!
for the CEO, there was no restriction for staying 21 days in eligible countries...that's new for the Thai Pass and the quarantine free entry
Old Nov 20, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: oneworld, Star Alliance
Originally Posted by BinSabai
for the CEO, there was no restriction for staying 21 days in eligible countries...that's new for the Thai Pass and the quarantine free entry
There certainly was a 21 day restriction for staying in eligible countries for the COE.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by sprez33
There certainly was a 21 day restriction for staying in eligible countries for the COE.
I guess you got this wrong...there were only few nations excluded from COE and people staying there, could not apply at all...but there was no check, where you stayed prior to arrival unless during the time they opened quarantine free traveling also for those with COE
Old Nov 21, 2021, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
I guess you got this wrong...there were only few nations excluded from COE and people staying there, could not apply at all...but there was no check, where you stayed prior to arrival unless during the time they opened quarantine free traveling also for those with COE
My COE in October certainly had a 21 day stay rule. As it was still being debated whether this 21 days could be in different countries I cut short a trip to Spain to return home for 3 weeks prior to flying to Thailand and doing my week in quarantine.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
My COE in October certainly had a 21 day stay rule. As it was still being debated whether this 21 days could be in different countries I cut short a trip to Spain to return home for 3 weeks prior to flying to Thailand and doing my week in quarantine.
and my two COE in March and September did not have this restriction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.