Wiki Posts
Search

Thailand opening up in November [merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by tr3k
I guess I worded my question poorly

What I meant is - can members here who have been approved for a Thai pass still look it up by their own reference number a few weeks after the approval?
I can no longer look up mine, returns "unknown number". I can still follow the link embedded in the QR code and that shows the pass as valid, which presumably is what matters. But still curious.
ah, gotcha, I can still check mine from November 10th on the website using my application id, and it still gives me a QR code. That said, back then I had registered twice. The first one showed invalid ID a day after I submitted the second one. Currently I can log in and view either the second one from November 10th, or the one approved today.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 3:46 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Just wanted to add another day point from our arrival back in Bangkok this morning.

Thailand Pass was very easy, approved in less than 24 hrs but with all days -1 as others have experienced. I decided to leave it as is since their data change link did not work - no issues at all anywhere in the process.

Arrived at the lower digit E-gates this morning and straight to doc check which had about a five minute wait max due to another arrival. Immigration was a little busy due to the European arrival wave in the morning but again, max 5-10mins wait.

Baggage on the belt (I think that is a first for me in BKK!) when we got through immigration, and straight out side to the waiting car. Covid test done directly at the hotel and got the (negative) response back in four hours - just in time for being able to go out for lunch.

All in all, much more smooth than I would have dared to imagine - everything worked like a charm and would certainly not deter me from doing it again. On the contrary actually!

Check-in at our origin was a nightmare though, and took 20mins to process due to document checks, but that’s just part of travelling these days I guess.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by seigex
ah, gotcha, I can still check mine from November 10th on the website using my application id, and it still gives me a QR code. That said, back then I had registered twice. The first one showed invalid ID a day after I submitted the second one. Currently I can log in and view either the second one from November 10th, or the one approved today.
Hm, can't see mine - that's a bit worrying. I guess as long as the QR code link actually shows valid information, that should be fine - but still, strange.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:08 am

Hm, can't see mine - that's a bit worrying. I guess as long as the QR code link actually shows valid information, that should be fine - but still, strange.
if anything you could always resubmit ... I resubmitted yesterday after updating my insurance and it took 8 minutes to get a new QR.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Just wanted to add another day point from our arrival back in Bangkok this morning.

Thailand Pass was very easy, approved in less than 24 hrs but with all days -1 as others have experienced. I decided to leave it as is since their data change link did not work - no issues at all anywhere in the process.
Thanks for the report! I got the same data change link on my last one. I think they rejected it for change, but fixed the dates themselves, which is why the data change link didn't actually work, because they did the work themselves, but the process sent out a link anyway. On my updated pass yesterday, all dates were correct, so it looks like they fixed the glitch.

Which airport was your origin, and which airline? I've traveled overseas from LAX and DFW several times over the last year and doc check was pretty smooth, but only with AA, never with Japan Airlines. They might be a bit more of sticklers for making sure everything is solid.

Last edited by seigex; Dec 8, 2021 at 9:15 am
Old Dec 8, 2021, 4:16 pm

Programs: GGL
I applied 12/3 for myself and 8 yo child on Test & Go and received the Thai Pass QR Codes in 49 minutes.

I applied for my spouse and our 14 yo child under Sand Box 12/3 and it is now 12/8 and it still says 'under review'. I tried to call the supposed 24/7 numbers many times, but after 60-80 minutes on hold 'we will answer your call as soon as possible' I give up. Am on hold now again for 45 minutes and not sure this is an actual queue?

Should I be concerned it is now day 5 and no confirmation yet?
Anyone has an idea how/when to get hold of someone?

Thank you!
Old Dec 8, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by Voda_boy
Entry to Thailand with a "certificate of recovery"

Looking for some advice. As you may be aware, following recovery from Covid you can still report a positive RT-PCR test for many weeks after recovery. Some countries are accepting a "certificate of recovery" as a valid alternative (including double vaccination status).

Does anyone know what Thailand's position on this?
Did you find out more?

The Embassy page says:
"Travellers who have recovered from being infected by COVID-19 are eligible if they have received 1 dose of vaccine within 3 months after being infected (no less than 14 days before departure) by providing a medical certificate or letter confirming their recovery from the infection."

Which is not very clear, but says pretty much that if you have letter or certificate saying you recovered you are OK. Just the receive 1 dose within 3 months after being infected is not so clear.. More likely you have been vaccinated, then caught it, then recovered, and now want to travel..
Old Dec 8, 2021, 8:59 pm

Anyone got any replies from the support email at [email protected] ?
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Anyone got any replies from the support email at [email protected] ?
I sent an email but never received a reply. However a day later (on day 6) my Thailand Pass was approved. Good luck. 😊
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Just a data point on domestic air travel.

Travelled BKK -> UTH on Thai Smile Airways. Check in was fairly normal, with just a document check to ensure I am fully vaccinated. Paper CDC card accepted easily.

No service during the flight...food or beverage. When deplaning, a "to-go" bag was distributed. For Smile+ (prem econ), it was a chicken curry pastry, a fruit pastry, and a bottle of water. Economy received a smaller bag, but I don't know the contents.

A document check was also made after retrieving luggage and before exiting into UTH airport. Passport + CDC card was all that was needed.

Overall, quick and easy process. No mention of any tracking app / check in / Morchana whatever during any of the process.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by divrdrew
Did they give you results on site? The web site indicates they do testing starting at 2 pm for the antigen tests and results the next day. With the expected announcement by Biden today to shorten the test to T-24 hours vs. 3 days, I need to get my test and results same day. I leave at 1 am Friday 12/31 so need to get tested on Thursday 12/20. I'm concerned about the RT-PCR test since the results won't come back till between 8 and 10 pm that day.

Thanks

D
For antigen tests, they email the results within about 20 mins, with a medical certificate that’s sufficient to board a flight itinerary to fly home to USA. You can wait at the testing center if you want, but I went to the gym. If you need a PCR test, they can do those too, and will email you the results, not sure of the typical turnaround time.

The hotel charged 500 baht for antigen tests. Binax now costs less than that for two home tests in a pack. Since the home tests don’t come with the risk of being shuttled into a Thai hospitaljail for two weeks, I’ll take that from home during my upcoming trip if I feel the need to check. But of course for clearance to fly home, will need a lab test with medical certificate.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by divrdrew
To be safe, I would purchase two policies...they are quite cheap. You can stipulate the coverage period, but if you include both trips, leaving and re-entering the country may be a violation of the policy terms. You'd have to look at the specific terms of the policy to see if entry-exit is allowed.
I agree. I haven’t studied the policy terms. But I recall seeing one stating that coverage voids when you depart the Kingdom. Now, sure, the intention of that is to not cover you if you come down with COVID in Dubai on the same day as you left Thailand, when that’s still within the coverage period. But, do you really want to have that legal argument in a Thai court, that the coverage-voiding language was meant to apply to another situation, not yours, so you should still have coverage?

Just buy two policies. You’ll need two Thailand Pass applications anyway. Easiest to have separate policies that easily match the dates of your Thailand Pass application.

Last edited by MegatopLover; Dec 8, 2021 at 10:48 pm
Old Dec 9, 2021, 2:03 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Thanks for the report! I got the same data change link on my last one. I think they rejected it for change, but fixed the dates themselves, which is why the data change link didn't actually work, because they did the work themselves, but the process sent out a link anyway. On my updated pass yesterday, all dates were correct, so it looks like they fixed the glitch.

Which airport was your origin, and which airline? I've traveled overseas from LAX and DFW several times over the last year and doc check was pretty smooth, but only with AA, never with Japan Airlines. They might be a bit more of sticklers for making sure everything is solid.
Our dates were never changed (I checked) - but it worked anyway

Originated from DXB on QR and they were very thorough - cannot really blame them for following the "computer says no" approach though, especially as I am a bit of a special case (non-Thai but exempted from the 50kUSD insurance requirement). So I tried to get ahead of the issue by bringing along a printed copy of the MFA's FAQ where the requirements are clearly stated.
seigex likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 5:04 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
if anything you could always resubmit ... I resubmitted yesterday after updating my insurance and it took 8 minutes to get a new QR.
Is there any issues with the Insurance? Do they want a Thai insurance or any travel insurance over 50K is acceptable? Do you also have to apply for the Thai Pass 7 days in advance?

Last edited by Davvidd; Dec 9, 2021 at 5:11 am
Old Dec 9, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
For antigen tests, they email the results within about 20 mins, with a medical certificate that’s sufficient to board a flight itinerary to fly home to USA. You can wait at the testing center if you want, but I went to the gym. If you need a PCR test, they can do those too, and will email you the results, not sure of the typical turnaround time.

The hotel charged 500 baht for antigen tests. Binax now costs less than that for two home tests in a pack. Since the home tests don’t come with the risk of being shuttled into a Thai hospital for two weeks, I’ll take that from home during my upcoming trip if I feel the need to check. But of course for clearance to fly home, will need a lab test with medical certificate.
I have been looking for the Binax Now test kits, but can only find the ones that do not quality for re-entry into the US...the ones that are not proctored. From my understanding, you need two of those within 36 hours to verify the results, but I only have about 48 hours on the ground in BKK. Do you know if I can get a negative from just one of those tests that will be accepted for the return to the US? Do you know where to pick up those kits? All the ones in CVS and Walgreens are proctored and not accepted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.