Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok 2 months stay in 2 hotels suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2021, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marco Polo Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Bangkok 2 months stay in 2 hotels suggestions

I have a assignment in Bangkok from Oct 1,2021 to Nov 30,2021 with overnight trip to Rangoon in the end of October. So far I booked Grand Hyatt for the first 30 nights at around $2,300 including all taxes and fees, and coming back for 29 days at Ibis Riverside for $900. My place of business is about half way between both hotels. Max Per Diem is $234 per day however like to eat as good as possible.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 8:08 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is my preferred "mid-priced" hotel in Bangkok and is currently doing monthly rates. I'm not a fan of the location, but the hotel and its service are something else. If you have Marriott Platinum or above the benefits are also quite considerable.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
My go-to hotel has always been Conrad - for an extended stay, you might want to look into the Conrad Residences which offers larger suites (think serviced appartments) with access to the hotel's facilities (Exec lounge excluded). May I ask why you want to move half-way through? - Sounds like a bad plan to move from a five star hotel to an Ibis !

In Bangkok, at your per diem level, you can pretty much eat like a king every day - do not underestimate the street food options though! While very cheap and primitive, much of it is great.
travelinterpreters likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

EuropeanPete,

Thanks for the tip.

Best,
Lars747
Old Sep 7, 2021, 9:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lars747
I have a assignment in Bangkok from Oct 1,2021 to Nov 30,2021 with overnight trip to Rangoon in the end of October. So far I booked Grand Hyatt for the first 30 nights at around $2,300 including all taxes and fees, and coming back for 29 days at Ibis Riverside for $900. My place of business is about half way between both hotels. Max Per Diem is $234 per day however like to eat as good as possible.
Can you enter Thailand without quarantine or two weeks in the sandbox? How about the rules for going from Bangkok to Rangoon and then returning to Thailand?

Personally, I like a nice hotel after a long trip as I'm likely to spend more time in the room and on the premises when I'm jet lagged. It can also be nice to get some good toiletries to take and use during the remainder of the trip. OTOH some people like having something good to look forward to toward the end of a trip.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Hi SKT-DK,

Thanks for reply- Only reason for change of hotel was I get bored of Lounge Breakfast and Evening snack at Hyatt's after about 30 days. Might see if the old Regent, Four Season now Anantara Siam is available however usually too expensive, Agree Ibis is not a great brand.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Hi MSPeconomist,

Thank you for your reply- Yes its cumbersome with quarantines etc, luckily as long as I have Travel Orders I am exempt, except for the regular testing prior to arrival and Rangoon trip will be within my workgroup bubble so should not be an issue. Agree with long flights jet lag and nice hotels,

Best,
Lars747
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 3:06 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
for accommodations for work assignments in Bangkok, it is all about locations as one would not like to spend too much time to commute... luckily there are a lot of very good hotels and service apartments. For such long stays, I would actually look into service apartments...
SKT-DK and lars747 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.