Reload this Page >

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: exp
Thailand Reopening: Exemption from Quarantine (TEST & GO)

Required Documents:

• A Certificate of Vaccination (fully vaccinated) with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
  • Those previously infected within 3 months must have received 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
  • Travelers under 12 years of age, travelling with parents or guardians, are exempt from the vaccination requirement.
  • A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before travelling (all travelers).
  • A confirmed payment for a 1-night stay at SHA+, AQ, OQ, or AHQ accommodation, and 1 RT-PCR test.
  • An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000.
https://tp.consular.go.th/

Properties for day-one quarantine: https://asq.in.th/asq-bangkok-thaila...ctedItem=1+Day

TG's "rules"/form
https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ne...e-covid19.page

Form for health cert.
https://www.thaiairways.com/static/c...ificate_TG.jpg

Thai inbound covid insurance comparison site:

https://asq.in.th/thailand-covid-insurance

Thanks to transpac

Print Wikipost

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2021, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Covid vaccinations for everyone in Thailand

Everyone in Thailand - Thais and foreigners, including migrant workers - will have access to quality and safe Covid-19 vaccines, a government spokesperson said on Thursday.

The assurance was given during the daily Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration briefing at Government House, by assistant spokeswoman Apisamai Srirangson.

Everyone in the country, including foreigners, would have access to vaccines, she said.

"Vaccinations will include expatriates and migrant workers. The government intends to offer equal protection," she said.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...ne-in-thailand
Old Feb 18, 2021, 11:20 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by transpac
Covid vaccinations for everyone in Thailand

Everyone in Thailand - Thais and foreigners, including migrant workers - will have access to quality and safe Covid-19 vaccines, a government spokesperson said on Thursday.

The assurance was given during the daily Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration briefing at Government House, by assistant spokeswoman Apisamai Srirangson.

Everyone in the country, including foreigners, would have access to vaccines, she said.

"Vaccinations will include expatriates and migrant workers. The government intends to offer equal protection," she said.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...ne-in-thailand
I prefer to pay myself and have a choice among vaccines...
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 8:23 pm

I will have to say, bars and clubs be legally closed hasn't been a bad thing in some ways. Although the economy and businesses are hurting, staying at some hotels right now that would otherwise be very noisy at night is nice and peaceful. I'm in the JW Marriott right now and they put me in a suite facing Nana Plaza - I can actually see it from my window. Normally the noise would keep me up at night which is why I haven't returned here in many years, but it's actually quiet at night right now. Well, besides the construction they are doing on the road over there, but it isn't loud enough to reach the hotel at night, just loud when walking by the work. I would imagine staying at the Aloft would be quieter right now without the club there going - although I'm not sure if you can make any regular bookings or if it is ASQ only.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
I will have to say, bars and clubs be legally closed hasn't been a bad thing in some ways.

Meh.

Since COVID, when bars were open and alcohol flowed most places were dead anyway. Doubt you would have noticed. Yes, clubs and KSR (now a Thai hang-out) were quite busy and noisy.

Most expect clubs to be open by 22 Feb, if not sooner.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
I would imagine staying at the Aloft would be quieter right now without the club there going - although I'm not sure if you can make any regular bookings or if it is ASQ only.
Aloft is only open as ASQ currently...
I have stayed in different hotels in that Soi during normal times and it's actually usually not so noisy inside the hotel despite it is one of the party-sois in Bangkok...
Old Feb 20, 2021, 9:23 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Thai Quarantine Hotel Sues Man For Complaining, Accusing Him Of Defamation

https://onemileatatime.com/thai-quar...es-defamation/
He had some petty complaints, like poor Wi-Fi and an obsolete television, and some more legitimate complaints, like:
  • Fungus in his bed
  • Water leaking from the ceiling
  • A worn-out door
  • An awful smell he couldn’t escape despite changing rooms three times
  • Mosquitos and cockroaches; he even had to pay for bug spray in order to kill them
  • His breaking point was meals that were poorly made and unhygienic, and he even found a cockroach in his meal
Old Feb 20, 2021, 11:18 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
I promised the kids that if they get straight As on their report cards, I will take them to Thailand for the entire summer!

Fourteen day quarantine for tourists set to end - two plans mulled for April 1st start, sources suggest

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/120...urces-suggest/
Behind the scenes the Tourism Authority of Thailand, the Tourism Ministry, the Tourism Council, ATTA (the Association of Thai Travel Agents and the THA (Thai hoteliers' Association) have been pressing for an end to the two week quarantine that many see as a huge hurdle to the reintroduction of foreign tourism.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 11:23 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Thai Quarantine Hotel Sues Man For Complaining, Accusing Him Of Defamation

https://onemileatatime.com/thai-quar...es-defamation/
Defamation laws are very strict in Thailand and are often abused of. Many service providers (hotels, restaurants, shops, condos, you name it...) prefer to start lawsuits instead of improving their products. But the judges being aware of the technique, the chances are high that with a good lawyer (this comes at a high cost, as I can testify) one will not only be absolved, but may in theory even get some compensation.

Even in Thailand judges at Courts of Law dislike being abused of. So the guest of the ASQ hotel has not much to fear, except being extorted some money to avoid a Court case.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
I promised the kids that if they get straight As on their report cards, I will take them to Thailand for the entire summer!

Fourteen day quarantine for tourists set to end - two plans mulled for April 1st start, sources suggest

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/120...urces-suggest/
I'll believe it when I see it. The "Quarantine at Home" option is laughable.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 5:06 pm

I can see Chinese tourist package tours where everyone is first tested and then stays together for the week , same hotel , same bus etc ,
Old Feb 20, 2021, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

two plans mulled for April 1st start, sources suggest

April 1st.

Just in time for the Spaghetti Tree Harvest Festival.

Of course, no year specified.

Until the populace in vaccinated - and that will take at least a year - the only way to avoid standard quarrantine is to buy out a property for two weeks, or take one of the GQ (golf) packages.

A couple of million tourists isn't going to solve any issues. Barely worth turning the water and power back on for this few tourists.

And it will take years to get the airline capacity back up to 2019 levels.
LETTERBOY and LAXlocal like this.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by behuman
Defamation laws are very strict in Thailand and are often abused of. Many service providers (hotels, restaurants, shops, condos, you name it...) prefer to start lawsuits instead of improving their products. But the judges being aware of the technique, the chances are high that with a good lawyer (this comes at a high cost, as I can testify) one will not only be absolved, but may in theory even get some compensation.

Even in Thailand judges at Courts of Law dislike being abused of. So the guest of the ASQ hotel has not much to fear, except being extorted some money to avoid a Court case.
it was state quarantine (the largest hotel on the East Coast) and not ASQ and the guy sued by the hotel is a Thai citizen...
Old Feb 21, 2021, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by BinSabai
it was state quarantine (the largest hotel on the East Coast) and not ASQ and the guy sued by the hotel is a Thai citizen...
Don't be coy

If you know the name of the hotel, why not tell us?
Old Feb 21, 2021, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Don't be coy

If you know the name of the hotel, why not tell us?
It's been published in all the articles. Not a secret.

Ambassador City Jomtien Hotel
LIH Prem and BinSabai like this.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Made it! Safely ensconced at Le Meridien now.

Couple of random thoughts:
All the paperwork went through without issue. No one checked that I had downloaded / registered on the Thailand Plus App.
A flyer distributed on incoming NRT->BKK flight indicated now a requirement to download AOT app and submit T8 form there. I did so, but they only wanted the paper form, which I had also.

Overall, very well organized arrival. Took about 30 minutes. Airport was deserted. About 10 passengers on my flight.

Very happy to be back. Happier still when I can exit ASQ and get on with my visit.

Thanks for everyone that posted their experiences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.