Reload this Page >

Hua Hin for family beach holiday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hua Hin for family beach holiday

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
my friends want to go to hua hin. i told them to fly to koh samui, but they want to drive.
any luxury hotels with a great beach to swin in april?

I only know the interconti, but there was no beach if I remember correclty.

any advice on nice beach hotels are appreciated. he is marriott gold if that helps . and hilton gold too
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:38 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
If they want a great beach then you advised them properly, Koh Samui instead of Hua Hin.

If they want to lounge by the pool looking at the beach, look for smalls crabs in the sand, etc, then Hyatt Regency Hua Hin is great.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:11 pm

Will you be writing an TR or at least please give us an update as to how it went
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
Will you be writing an TR or at least please give us an update as to how it went
Not sure this was directed at me the OP? I wrote a trip report of our stay at the HI Mai Khao in the IHG forum, where I thought it might be better placed, and at the IC Bangkok also in the relevant thread. Because "cross posting" not permitted, I didn't post here. It was thanks to pointers from here that convinced us to go back to Phuket rather than go to Hua Hin. We definitely did want a beach holiday, and it seems Hua Hin doesn't offer as good a beach, so we're happy with our choice.

Basically, we had a great time in Mai Khao: our little son was ill at the beginning of the trip, but it didn't ruin our holiday. Mai Khao was beautiful. HI was nice property, but some service issues. IC Bangkok great.

I'm happy to answer specific questions.

tb

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.