Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midnight arrival in BKK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by timster
I have also had a few drivers refuse my destination. That is illegal in Thailand, as in many parts of the world. But good luck trying to do anything about it when it happens.
It happened to me in Tel Aviv this past summer. He refused after I was seated in the cab. I took a pic of the cabbie's license. He snatched my phone. I started yelling "thief/ganav" at the top of my lungs. Police arrived within seconds. The driver started to run, leaving me and his car, which was a newish Mercedes. Another police car arrived, called him an idiot (same in both languages) and he stopped and came back. The officers hailed me another cab while writing him a ticket. And they gave me my phone back.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by timster
I have also had a few drivers refuse my destination. That is illegal in Thailand, as in many parts of the world. But good luck trying to do anything about it when it happens.
That's why I prefer to open the rear passenger side door and ask if the driver will go to my destination, if they decline in a rude way I can simply walk away with their door open and out of reach.

I've done it a handful of times for only the exceptionally annoying twits who incorrectly deem me a mark.

/shrug

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.