Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Transit and changing airlines BKK - issues?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Southwest, EVA

We will be coming in on EVA and changing to Bangkok Air to get to Yangon (I know, but none of the EVA through flights worked). I allowed four hours for this (get bags, exit, reenter and check in). Can we do this without exiting? If not, what issues are we likely to encounter?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by adventuresome
We will be coming in on EVA and changing to Bangkok Air to get to Yangon (I know, but none of the EVA through flights worked). I allowed four hours for this (get bags, exit, reenter and check in). Can we do this without exiting? If not, what issues are we likely to encounter?
If you are checking bags, I believe you will need to clear immigration, collect your bags, walk through customs and go upstairs to check in for your next flight, rechecking your bags there. BKK is relatively easy to get out of and back in, so four hours should be more than enough time. The biggest issue I've had doing this was that the check-in gate wasn't open yet so I had to sit and wait, but that was KE, which only had a couple flights a day. It shouldn't happen to you with Bangkok Air.

When checking in. you can ask if EVA will check your bag through to your final destination. Worst that can happen is they say no.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Southwest, EVA
Wink Thanks for your help!

@:-)I will try with EVA just in case
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: most of them
According to EVA's website, PG is a BR code share partner. So I presume they should be able to interline bags.

There are transfer desks airside, so you may not need to go to the trouble of exiting and re-entering

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.