Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Cheap/5 star Hotel in Chiang Mai, Phuket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2016, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I will be going to Thailand July 5th. I was just wondering if there were any nice hotel resorts with good food that cost under $200 a night either in Phuket or Chiang Mai. Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2016, 3:35 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Yes, there are loads of them under $200, even under $130 or under $100. July is low season. If you give more information, I bet people will have loads of suggestions. e.g., do you have status with any chains, how many are traveling, what age, what do you like to do (beach vs. nightlife vs. scenic tours), do you want remote or near a town, relaxing or exciting, how many days, etc..
Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Interested in hearing what people have to recommend for CNX as well. I have the impression that $200/night can get a lot in CNX, no?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:47 am

Programs: aa
We just left CNX and had an awesome time staying at an Airbnb. It's was under $100 a night a slept two adults and two 16 year old boys. There are some amazing places in CM on Airbnb under $200, both in the city and out. There was a a amazing house I saw for under $200 but it was too far out of the city for Mrs travelinterpreters.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Use a decent search engine such as Trivago to search for your criteria. With those sorts of levels you will have no problem however I would suggest you head out for dinner as hotel food can often be underwhelming.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Use a decent search engine such as Trivago to search for your criteria. With those sorts of levels you will have no problem however I would suggest you head out for dinner as hotel food can often be underwhelming.
I have had lots of success using Agoda.com in this regard.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for the replies. I (age 16) and my sister who is 21 have no status with any hotel. Thanks for the recommendations!
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:50 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

I personally don't think status matters. There are plenty of hotels in Asia that are cheaper but offer more amenities. I don't know of any in Chiang Mai or Phuket because I've never been there, but there is got to be some. I feel like most international chain hotels are overpriced for what they offer because they can charge that much and people / biz travelers who are loyal to brands will pay the extra.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
I feel like most international chain hotels are overpriced for what they offer because they can charge that much and people / biz travelers who are loyal to brands will pay the extra.
Ding ding ding ding ding, we have a winner.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:03 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Ding ding ding ding ding, we have a winner.
YES! I won at Flyertalk!
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
www.tripadvisor.com lists hotels by review scores, and many of the hotels have thousands of reviews. The search engine is good too, with lots of filters possible.

Romelle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.