Which lounge is best at BKK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which lounge is best at BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:12 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Worth noting that there will be 3 new lounges coming to BKK.

Two are still in shell condition, while one is being built.

M
Old Aug 18, 2016, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Worth noting that there will be 3 new lounges coming to BKK.

Two are still in shell condition, while one is being built.

M
And they are?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by dsquared37
And they are?
One is another CIP space, while the other 2 are being negotiated at present.

QR have asked for their own space, so that is likely to be one of them.

M
Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One is another CIP space, while the other 2 are being negotiated at present.

QR have asked for their own space, so that is likely to be one of them.

M
Aren't there already 5 CIP lounges?

Thanks for the information.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Aren't there already 5 CIP lounges?

Thanks for the information.
There are already quite a few, but this one may offer something new.

M
Old Sep 10, 2016, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
My recollection is that the Louis Tavern lounge was pretty weak, though admittedly my only experience was at 5am which is not the best time for food.

Fortunately I will be departing at a more civilized hour this time so presumably I will have *G access to the SQ and TG lounges @BKK, though SQ may be a bit of a hike from my TG departure gate...

Last edited by Boraxo; Sep 11, 2016 at 12:47 am
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I finally entered the Oman Air (Priority Pass) lounge last weekend and was pleasantly surprised. While food was minimal, the biryani was decent enough though, the booze selection, including sparkling, made me not care.

Between 1 and 3pm there was no one else there.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:32 am

I'll be flying Thai in business BKK-CDG, connecting from HAN. The Oman and Eva lounges are closed, leaving me with the Thai Silk lounges, the SQ lounge, and the various CIP lounges. Any preferences between the various options? If I can get a quick neck/shoulder massage at the Thai lounge spa, I'll try for that, but I only have a 2 hour connection so I'm not sure how long the wait will be.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by lowfareair
I'll be flying Thai in business BKK-CDG, connecting from HAN. The Oman and Eva lounges are closed, leaving me with the Thai Silk lounges, the SQ lounge, and the various CIP lounges. Any preferences between the various options? If I can get a quick neck/shoulder massage at the Thai lounge spa, I'll try for that, but I only have a 2 hour connection so I'm not sure how long the wait will be.
2 hour connection should be plenty of time for a head/neck massage at the spa. The Thai spa is directly across from the main Thai lounge, which is directly accessible after immigration, so avoids a bit of wandering.

I like the food at SQ a bit better than TG, but it is pretty small. If it happens to be close to your gate, it would be a good place to visit.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
2 hour connection should be plenty of time for a head/neck massage at the spa. The Thai spa is directly across from the main Thai lounge, which is directly accessible after immigration, so avoids a bit of wandering.

I like the food at SQ a bit better than TG, but it is pretty small. If it happens to be close to your gate, it would be a good place to visit.
Great, thank you!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Having recently visited BKK during early-morning hours, I have to say that the SQ lounge was hands down the best *G or Priority Pass lounge I've used at BKK. While it is a bit on the small side, it was fully stocked with fresh, safe-to-eat breakfast items such as hard boiled eggs, packaged yogurt and croissants. ^ The lounge was virtually empty and has excellent wifi too. The only downside is that it is located at the far end of the terminal (behind the A pier) so be sure to budget 20min walking time if your flight departs from the E gates. IMO it was worth the walk to avoid the crappo food in TG lounges.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21

I also like the SQ lounge but there are few if any international flights departing from A concourse (and then only late at night).

In general there are no departures that are close to the SQ lounge.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Having recently visited BKK during early-morning hours, I have to say that the SQ lounge was hands down the best *G or Priority Pass lounge I've used at BKK. While it is a bit on the small side, it was fully stocked with fresh, safe-to-eat breakfast items such as hard boiled eggs, packaged yogurt and croissants. ^ The lounge was virtually empty and has excellent wifi too. The only downside is that it is located at the far end of the terminal (behind the A pier) so be sure to budget 20min walking time if your flight departs from the E gates. IMO it was worth the walk to avoid the crappo food in TG lounges.
The biggest downside to the SQ lounge is lack of plumbing. As for the bolded [mine] it is in A concourse.

Also, and I just might walk quickly, I get from A/B/C/D to the D/E/F/G confluence in 12 minutes. I've done it a number of times and it's consistently the same 12 minutes.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:42 am

I agree the lack of washrooms is the downside to the SQ lounge, but other than that it's perfectly pleasant.

There is a cooked items menu for breakfast, and the staff are friendly and helpful - plus the WiFi is fairly good.

M
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree the lack of washrooms is the downside to the SQ lounge, but other than that it's perfectly pleasant.

There is a cooked items menu for breakfast, and the staff are friendly and helpful - plus the WiFi is fairly good.

M
And fresh coconuts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.