Search

Transferring from CX to Bangkok Airways in BKK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Transferring from CX to Bangkok Airways in BKK

Hi all,
Wondering if anyone can help me. Flying from HKG on CX to BKK and then transferring to Bangkok airways to USM. Different bookings since the CX was an Avios redemption. Have 2 and a half hours to transfer in BKK.
1. Will CX tag the bags interlining all the way to USM?
2. Can this be done in the Kowloon airport express station check in?
3.Will CX print out all the BPs since the two bookings are separate?
4. Once we come off CX, we need to find the eastern transfer point. Is this easy to find?
5. Since we are transferring passengers from international, do we do the entry formalities in USM and if so, do we need to do anything different when we come off the aircraft in USM?

Sorry to ask lots of questions but I know there are probably lots of you there who have done this and can advice me. Many thanks for all your help.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Will you have any checked bags?

You should/may be able to interline bags through to USM. If not, you'll have to clear Arriving Immigration at BKK, claims, bags, clear Customs, head up to level 4, check in with PG, then clear domestic departures security. All this should be doable with your connection time.

Addresses int'l to dom at SBIA/BKK (assuming no checked bags, or checked bags interlined):

http://suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/22...-boarding-pass

http://suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/10...-boarding-pass

If you avail yourself of the mid-field connection then you would clear arriving immigration at BKK and Customs at USM.

This topic is regularly featured here every few weeks so there may be more detail in related threads?
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:02 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You should be able to interline to PG on separate tickets, if not at Kowloon station then at the airport. This is independent of getting BPs printed for the PG flight (almost certainly not able to do that). You can get BP at BKK airside transfer. Goes smoothly.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Dselvan
Hi all,
Wondering if anyone can help me. Flying from HKG on CX to BKK and then transferring to Bangkok airways to USM. Different bookings since the CX was an Avios redemption. Have 2 and a half hours to transfer in BKK.
1. Will CX tag the bags interlining all the way to USM?
They should be able to especially considering CX and PG codeshare and you can even earn points towards PG's FlyerBonus plan when flying CX (not that you should).

2. Can this be done in the Kowloon airport express station check in?
No idea, but please report back.

3.Will CX print out all the BPs since the two bookings are separate?
Unlikely but not an inconvenience becuase....

4. Once we come off CX, we need to find the eastern transfer point. Is this easy to find?
.... CX tends to park at the E/F/G end of the airport and you'll need to head over to the A/B/C side of the building for both the PG domestic transfer desk and the transfer immigration desk. The latter assumes your checked bags are tagged all the way to USM (which, again, would be very surprising to be denied).

5. Since we are transferring passengers from international, do we do the entry formalities in USM and if so, do we need to do anything different when we come off the aircraft in USM?
You will proceed through immigration in BKK and collect your bags and go through customs in USM.

Sorry to ask lots of questions but I know there are probably lots of you there who have done this and can advice me. Many thanks for all your help.
Just one word of advice. Twice (at least) I have interlined from CX to PG and PG denied any knowledge of the existence of my bags.... both times my bags arrived with me on the flight. When you pick up your PG BP at the transfer desk make sure to hand over your bag tags and if there's a problem with them locating the bags take it up with the lounge staff so you're at least able to sit down and use the internet while staff deals with it.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all your advice. Will have bags and I was under the impression they interline but will see. Have given ourselves 2 hours 40 mins in BKK incase we need to collect bags and check again. Will let you know how it goes.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for all your advice. Will have bags and I was under the impression they interline but will see. Have given ourselves 2 hours 40 mins in BKK incase we need to collect bags and check again. Will let you know how it goes.
I'd give it a near certainty they will interline.
Old May 30, 2016, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Feedback!!!

Thanks for all your help. Just feeding back on our experience.
We checked in at Kowloon station which was very easy to do and travelling to the airport without the luggage was a bit odd but easy to do with the airport express. (Get the group tickets if there is more than one of you since it is cheaper). Unfortunately CX refused to interline the baggage with PG, so collected the bags at BKK and did check-in with PG to Samui. Luckily we had lots of time to do this.
Old May 30, 2016, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for all your help. Just feeding back on our experience.
We checked in at Kowloon station which was very easy to do and travelling to the airport without the luggage was a bit odd but easy to do with the airport express. (Get the group tickets if there is more than one of you since it is cheaper). Unfortunately CX refused to interline the baggage with PG, so collected the bags at BKK and did check-in with PG to Samui. Luckily we had lots of time to do this.
It is good to know the bolded [mine]. Thanks for reporting back.
Old May 30, 2016, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately CX refused to interline the baggage with PG, so collected the bags at BKK and did check-in with PG to Samui. Luckily we had lots of time to do this.

Towards the end of April PG started adhering to the APPS requirements which changed how they deal with separate tickets and baggage check-through.

Up until that time you may have been OK?

While their web-site refers mainly to USM-BKK/BKK-elsewhere, informed persons on Thai social media say that this policy also refers to in-bound routes. Many people are reporting similar experiences, for in-bound flights.

A single ticket, with a code-share partner, (I think CX is one?), for HKG-BKK-USM would have allowed baggage interlining through to USM, as I understand it.

https://www.bangkokair.com/pages/view/check-in-through
Old May 31, 2016, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Just one word of advice. Twice (at least) I have interlined from CX to PG and PG denied any knowledge of the existence of my bags.... both times my bags arrived with me on the flight. When you pick up your PG BP at the transfer desk make sure to hand over your bag tags and if there's a problem with them locating the bags take it up with the lounge staff so you're at least able to sit down and use the internet while staff deals with it.
Originally Posted by transpac

Towards the end of April PG started adhering to the APPS requirements which changed how they deal with separate tickets and baggage check-through.

Up until that time you may have been OK?
Yes, as I posted upthread this was previously an acceptable interline with a particular caveat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.