Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Best place in Thailand for 7 days beach & culture with good flight from Hangzhou Chin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best place in Thailand for 7 days beach & culture with good flight from Hangzhou Chin

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Best place in Thailand (or nearby) 7dy beach & culture with flight from Hangzhou CH

Hi,

looking for good place in Thailand to see some good culture, and also have some good beach time. (about 50-50%)

With a good connection and not to expensive from Hangzhou China.

loosing not much time getting somewhere.

not wanting to go to Bangkok this time.

regards
Chris

Last edited by christravelblog; Jul 27, 2015 at 4:40 am Reason: added nearby in the title.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
Is there good culture by the beaches?

Maybe try Krabi - take some boats around to the various islands.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:17 pm

I'd say you are limited to Phuket for flights.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by glob99
I'd say you are limited to Phuket for flights.
damn; i want to avoid Phuket.

and beaches culture: no, it can be we drive somewhere of course for 3-4 days, and spend the other 3-4 days at the beach.

any other ideas, could be also something else as thailand.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:01 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
If "nearby" extends to Malaysia, then Langkawi is pretty neat to visit mostly because it is less developed (yet still having a mix of 5-star resorts next to beach shacks). Fairly unique and my stay there at Bon Ton was very enjoyable. It is right on the Thai border (my cell phone kept connecting to a tower in Thailand).
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by number_6
If "nearby" extends to Malaysia, then Langkawi is pretty neat to visit mostly because it is less developed (yet still having a mix of 5-star resorts next to beach shacks). Fairly unique and my stay there at Bon Ton was very enjoyable. It is right on the Thai border (my cell phone kept connecting to a tower in Thailand).
Yes that's for me still nearby :-) But ticket pricing is a bit more.

damn, islands are just more difficult to get to :-)
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by christravelblog
Yes that's for me still nearby :-) But ticket pricing is a bit more.

damn, islands are just more difficult to get to :-)
Thailand gets something like 28 million total visitors now and is hoping for 40 million by 2020.

You have to go further afield these days to avoid insane-level crowds, especially in high season but increasingly also in summer thanks to the influx from China.

Phuket and Samui are overdeloped and "lost", IMO, with Krabi and Chang rapidly getting there. In response, airlines like Nok Air and Bangkok Airways are stepping up efforts to also ruin Trang and Trat provinces and nearby islands, but there's still the far south with the Islamic insurgency that's stalled out a bit.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RustyC
Thailand gets something like 28 million total visitors now and is hoping for 40 million by 2020.

You have to go further afield these days to avoid insane-level crowds, especially in high season but increasingly also in summer thanks to the influx from China.

Phuket and Samui are overdeloped and "lost", IMO, with Krabi and Chang rapidly getting there. In response, airlines like Nok Air and Bangkok Airways are stepping up efforts to also ruin Trang and Trat provinces and nearby islands, but there's still the far south with the Islamic insurgency that's stalled out a bit.
Tnx. Checking now. Yes seems it's overcrowded. to bad. best places more and more dissappear. THe more remote places, no problem, but then i get into the problem of "time".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.