Wiki Posts
Search

Full moon party

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2015, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Full moon party

Hi
I am planning to go to FMP in Aug 2015 any one going there..???
Any tips
Old May 20, 2015, 6:43 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Isn't there only one "full moon party" (song kran)? Aren't the other ones just tourist attractions for backpackers to get drunk on a beach?

I'm genuinely interested in this, also interested in why so many westerners go all the way to the other side of the world just to go to a beach party.
Old May 20, 2015, 9:47 am

Looks like the full moon in August is Aug 29th.

I've never been to one, only seen the pictures. They look absolutely horrible to me.

My advice is to drink bottled beer, bottled water, and stay away from drugs. Yeah yeah, I know they can rebottle/seal beer and water, but at least you're taking an extra step to be careful.

Avoid power lines and water. Avoid flammable liquids and open flame. Be mindful of your valuables. Don't take strangers back to your room.

Originally Posted by ahmedsaigal
Hi
I am planning to go to FMP in Aug 2015 any one going there..???
Any tips
Old May 20, 2015, 9:50 am

Here are some "professional" photos. Somewhat NSFW (not safe for work) due to people in bikinis.

http://www.vice.com/read/your-town-i...e-haad-rin-876
Old May 20, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
I think the Full Moon Party premise has been co-opted as I see bars and venues everywhere advertising this type of event. IMO it's become a contrived reason to party hardy which conveniently (unlike New Years Eve or St. Patricks Day) comes around more than once a year.

Whatever floats your boat...

SunLover

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.