Bangkok Tailors [PRE-2013 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok Tailors [PRE-2013 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2007, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by bseller
Yes, I have used Paul - and found the quality to be more than passable, the convenience of delivery to my room at the ROS quite nice, and the price reasonable.

I would do it again, and the last time my colleague and I picked up 11 shirts for around $20 US each.

Best, Dave
Dave,

Thanks for the suggestions. Would you have an e-mail address for Paul? With such limited time, I would like to make an appt.

Lisa
Old Oct 27, 2007, 9:16 am

Would you have the e-mail address of Paul in the Rivercity complex? An appt. would be a help as we have so little time this trip. Thanx.

Lisa
Old Nov 12, 2007, 1:01 pm

Programs: continental united starwood hilton marriott
tailors in bangkok

any recomendation for inexpensive but good tailors in bangkok
Old Nov 12, 2007, 1:48 pm

Where to begin?

I've had good luck with every Bangkok tailor I visited. I'm half convinced that every shop is a front for a huge factory operation somewhere in the center of the city where all the tailors get their work done.

I may be wrong about this, but I generally distrust the shops that pay the tuk-tuk drivers to take you there. Not that I think the shops are dishonest, but the tuk-tuk drivers, by and large, ARE dishonest. I also avoid the places with the touts standing outside greeting you like a long-lost brother.

Don't worry about the quality of the tailor, worry about the quality of the fabric. If they know their fabric, and they have a good selection, chances are they know their business and can give you want you want. If you can't find the fabric you want, they should be able to send you to Chinatown where you can buy it yourself. I personally recommend raw silk and raw silk blends.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 3:15 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, BMI Gold, United 1K
Bangkok Tailor

I have used Embassy Tailors twice and both times the suits, shirts and service have been very good. Remember to bargain and choose the best fabrics. This tailor was recommended by the concierge at both the Metropolitan and the Banyan Tree hotels. It is located near the Conrad Bangkok and close to a Skytrain stop.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 3:24 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
This could probably be called the ultimate Bangkok tailor thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412098

With this shop being probably the most mentioned in the thread:
Rajawongse Clothier
130 Sukhumvit Rd.
next to the Landmark Hotel
Bangkok 10110, Thailand

Tel: 02-255-3714
URL: http://www.dress-for-success.com/
E-mail: [email protected]
Old Nov 14, 2007, 8:07 pm

Just back from Bangkok and more great service from Jesse and Victor and Rajawongsee.

You can do a lot cheaper - like under half their price - but you will do not better.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 10:44 am

Programs: US Gold, HH gold
any tailors in BKK also in HKT for a follow up fitting?

I'm going to be in BKK only for one day next week. I'll then be in HKT for 3 days one week after my BKK stop. I'd like to get measured up in BKK and have my suit sent to my HKT hotel or stop by a phuket tailor for a fitting. At that point they can ship it back to me no problem.

Anyone have experience with this..or have people just gotten measured and then fine tuned it in their home city?

Alternatively I'll just buy shirts as I'd imagine they can get those pretty close wiht only a measurement.

Any advice?
Old Nov 15, 2007, 8:22 pm

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Originally Posted by Jhoc
I'm going to be in BKK only for one day next week. I'll then be in HKT for 3 days one week after my BKK stop. I'd like to get measured up in BKK and have my suit sent to my HKT hotel or stop by a phuket tailor for a fitting. At that point they can ship it back to me no problem.

Anyone have experience with this..or have people just gotten measured and then fine tuned it in their home city?

Alternatively I'll just buy shirts as I'd imagine they can get those pretty close wiht only a measurement.

Any advice?
I'm in BKK now and have gone back to Herrmann suits www.herrmannsuits.com for about the 5th time after trying a few others over the years. No issues, I prefer to get two fittings at least if not three but they are always right on (for me) and never had an issue on the 2nd or 3rd fitting except change style (hidden collar buttons, change collar collor, etc...) They keep my measurements and ship me items via mail as well and they are spot on still. They also travel and can update their measurements while they travel. Good folks.

I never looked for a tailor in phuket so can't help you there.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 10:26 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by Jhoc

Any advice?
Tom's International in Patong. Their main store (called Tony's Fashion House) in Bangkok is located on Rangnam Road. Get measured, fitted and refitted at Tom's in HKT.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 9:35 am

Programs: US Gold, HH gold
Originally Posted by Peregrine415
Tom's International in Patong. Their main store (called Tony's Fashion House) in Bangkok is located on Rangnam Road. Get measured, fitted and refitted at Tom's in HKT.
Thanks for that. How was your experience, good suit, good prices?

I hadn't heard much on Tony's up to this point.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA GfL
I did not get a suit from Tom's in Patong but a colleague I was accompanying did and they (he got two suits plus extra pants) looked nice. The selection and quality of material and price are about the same as in the Bangkok main office (where I got shirts and pants). I couldn't remember what he paid for nor do I remember what I paid either. The price depends on the stock so you should know your materials. Also, don't get carried away by the sales pitch.

Remember the person selling you the suits are professional salesmen and order takers--and not tailors. So, you should not walk in any shop without first having done your due homework--such as asking for real buttonholes on the sleeves, width and cut of the lapel, colored lining, etc.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 12:56 pm

Programs: all gone.... :( soooo close to CO Silver in 2007
Try Armani tailors...

Hey everyone--as a frequent traveler to BKK, I promised my fiancee he could have his wedding suit made in BKK.

We tried a few places mentioned, but we didn't need a big pacakge. We really wanted a suit and a few shirts.

We went to Armani Tailors (ironic, eh?!) at 162/1 Between Soi 6-8 Sukhumvit Rd (at the Nana BTS stop--right up the road from the Landmark hotel) and was treated well.

They initially started with a package of a suit, sport jacket, trousers, five shirts, and five ties for 16,000B. We haggled for awhile--and got the suit, sport jacket, trousers, and two shirts for 10,000B. We dealt with Kenny.

The service was great. We picked every aspect--pleats, cut, length, liner, etc. We ordered it on a Thurs, had first fitting on Friday. Second was scheduled for Monday--but we ended up taking it with us then--that fast!!!

There are a lot of tailors on this Soi-we went into several to compare prices. Our biggest thing was we didn't need lots of shirts, ties, etc.

Happy shopping! Now, if only I'd remembered to take my wedding dress for alterations!
Old Jan 5, 2008, 11:41 pm

Bkk - Help With Tailor Question

We will be staying at the BKK IC for a couple
of weeks beginning Feb. I need a couple of
suits, can anyone recommend a good and
reasonable tailor?
Old Jan 6, 2008, 12:30 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Two weeks in Bangkok at the IC, sounds ideal.

As you walk around Bangkok, you will see many tailors all offering great deals. The secret is to know what material you want to have the suits made of. Living in a cold winter city, I need a heavier suit than what is usually on display, so as I believe there are only a handful of tailors over in Chinatown and the shops you see all over the city are only shop fronts selling the same old thing from the same material rolls, it really is a matter of finding the shop that has the material you require. I use the tailors in OP and Rivercity, but up your way you will find similar top rate merchandisers, who has good material in their windows. There was a thread here last month, so scroll back and read that,regards bkkrop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.