Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymoon in Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Honeymoon in Thailand

I'm planning my honeymoon for February 2014. I am staying 7 nights in Phuket at the JW Marriott, 4 nights in Chiang Mai (2 in Four Seasons and 2 TBD), 2 nights in Bangkok (JW Marriott). I am Marriott Platinum.

Phuket
Any restaurant recommendations?
What is the best tour to see the Phi Phi islands?
Is it worth going to Patong?
Any other must see or must do activities?

Chiang Mai
What elephant tour is best in Chiang Mai?
What is the best tiger temple?

Bangkok
What is the best tiger temple?
Any restaurant recommendations?
What are the best tours or things to do? Temples, shopping, etc

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 14, 2013, 4:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
We just got back to BKK from 2 days in Chiang Mai - avoided the tiger and elephant thing entirely, but had a lovely (yes, hot and humid) day trekking in the National Park on Doi Inthanon, 1.5 hours from the city, to see a couple of beautiful waterfalls, and the rice farming area of a Karen village. Also a luminous green snake that got our guide very excited - apparently quite poisonous. www.exotissimo.com set it up for us and our guide was "Pat" (Prachaya). Moderate exertion level. Pat also took us through the main Wat of Chiang Mai in great detail, and after his introduction, we enjoyed several of the Wats in the Old City on our own - the Wat Chedi Luang, among others, is quite impressive.

There's a Tribal Museum away from the Old City that we did not get to, so I don't know how good it is...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.