Bangkok airports: BKK vs DMK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok airports: BKK vs DMK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Actually my judgement is coming entirely from experiencing SRT to not only Chiang Mai, but also Ubon. Too many times arriving way past schedule. And for some time now at a cost that is easily matched by plane.

The mention of Lopburi etc was purely time based, not comfort, consideration. It seems you failed to consider that.
Ah, in that case you're right, my impression of you judging without experience was mistaken.

I don't remember any delays that bothered me, except when the train I was on to Sungai Kolok, southern border, was wrecked at dawn by the Moslem rebels. That was forty years ago, not a huge bother either, they picked us up in buses to continue.

I always book the second class non-aircon sleeper, never too hot with the fresh night air and fan, whereas aircon is always too cold and unhealthy.

Last edited by eDicky; Jun 18, 2017 at 5:26 am
Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by eDicky
Ah, in that case you're right, my impression of you judging without experience was mistaken.

I don't remember any delays that bothered me, except when the train I was on to Sungai Kolok, Southern border, was wrecked at dawn by the Moslem rebels. That was forty years ago, not a huge bother either, they picked us up in buses to continue.
I did the train many times in the aughts and got tired of the 12 hour trips that took 16-17 hours... and then there was the spate of derailments a few years ago.

Perhaps the train is better these days, it's probably been about 7 years since I've done more than an Ayuthaya run. However unless I gain specific info to that effect, and I haven't, an overnight run on SRT wouldn't be something on my recommendation list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.