Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2hr connection in BKK - VoA needed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2013, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...
2hr connection in BKK and VoA is needed..

Hi Folks,
Couple of friends arriving at 6am at BKK.. then have connecitng flight on same airline ( TG) to Krabi at 8am.. the whole trip on same itinerary ..
They will be requiring VoA..
I guess they can get the VoA within 1 hr right ? I have instructed them to use the priority channel by paying thb 200 extra.. any other suggestions ?
A

Last edited by abhilife2001; Aug 21, 2013 at 8:50 pm Reason: Amended post to give clearer info regd VoA
Old Aug 21, 2013, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
By VoA...do you mean Visa on Arrival?

Not really sure if anyone can answer without knowing some more details. What passport will they be entering Thailand with?

Also, I would strongly recommend checking (or at least confirming) with government site when it comes to any questions about entry requirements / Visa needs.
FlyerTalk can point you in the right direction but it would be up to you to confirm the correct info.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Clarification

Originally Posted by goodeats21
By VoA...do you mean Visa on Arrival?

Not really sure if anyone can answer without knowing some more details. What passport will they be entering Thailand with?

Also, I would strongly recommend checking (or at least confirming) with government site when it comes to any questions about entry requirements / Visa needs.
FlyerTalk can point you in the right direction but it would be up to you to confirm the correct info.
To clarify more..
We are aware that they will need a VoA.. Apologies for making the initial post feel like its a question..Indian citizens..
My question was more on since they would need VoA , is this short transit feasible.. any time saving suggestions other than asking them to take the priority channel by paying THB 200 extra ?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
OK. Thanks for clarifying.

I am sorry but I do not have any experience with Visa on Arrival at BKK.

Hopefully someone with some experience will post soon.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Judging by the huge scrums that I see at VoA and minding that they have to clear immigration, good luck in an hour with all that.

Fast Track service might help. At least after the visa it is pretty quick at immigration.

I think for VoA they just say they will hang around while the VoA applicant suffers through that process then take them to Fast Track after that.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 12:48 am
Original Poster

UPDATE

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Judging by the huge scrums that I see at VoA and minding that they have to clear immigration, good luck in an hour with all that.

Fast Track service might help. At least after the visa it is pretty quick at immigration.

I think for VoA they just say they will hang around while the VoA applicant suffers through that process then take them to Fast Track after that.
They used the fast track and were out within 15 mins ^..
They too were surprised that it was so fast but it was .. arnd morning 6Am..^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.