Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights between Bangkok and Koh Samui

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Flights between Bangkok and Koh Samui

I am just wondering what is the best way to find cheapest flight between Bangkok (either airports) to Koh Samui.

I am ok with the option where its a flight and ferry kind of combination.

I can only search these destinations with that option on Nok air and air asia... any domestic travel portal for thailand domestic flights?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Also, on air asia... Do they allow any checked bags on the above flight? Its asking me to pay for checked bags now (while booking).
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Bangkok airways own this airport & therefore there isnt really any competition. I think thai airways also fly from there. Be prepared to pay a premium to fly to and from samui compared to other domestic destinations in thailand.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:46 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samui_Airport
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:03 am
Community Director Emerita

TG has two flights a day, early morning and late afternoon.

Bangkok Air has multiple flights a day. They own the Koh Samui Airport.

Koh Samui is a charming open air airport, with a significant walk from the check in building to the building housing the gates. There's a cafe with free snacks including popcorn!
Old Jun 28, 2013, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by mohitmadaan
I am just wondering what is the best way to find cheapest flight between Bangkok (either airports) to Koh Samui.

I am ok with the option where its a flight and ferry kind of combination.

I can only search these destinations with that option on Nok air and air asia... any domestic travel portal for thailand domestic flights?
Originally Posted by mohitmadaan
Also, on air asia... Do they allow any checked bags on the above flight? Its asking me to pay for checked bags now (while booking).
On Air Asia you pay for everything. Piece by piece. With Nok Air you'll get to choose a seat during online check in, 15kg checked bag and a quick snack/water on the plane.

I much prefer DD (Nok) to FD (Air Asia) but understand that Nok does sometimes run annoying delays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.