Search

Bangkok Massage Place?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Location: Shanghai, Beijing, Melbourne, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Vancouver
Programs: A3 Gold, CX, CA, PCR Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, 1865 Voyager
Bangkok Massage Place?

I am going to Bangkok for the first time and will be living around Siam.

Are there any recommendations for good massage places? I've had a few suggestions, like Lavana and Healthland, but not sure the actual experience.

Also, is tipping compulsory in Thailand?

Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:46 am

Siam BTS?

I've been to Healthland. It was good, but very busy. Very professional.
My Thai friends have always told me to tip after a massage. I usually give around 100 baht no matter how much the massage cost.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
Siam BTS?

I've been to Healthland. It was good, but very busy. Very professional.
My Thai friends have always told me to tip after a massage. I usually give around 100 baht no matter how much the massage cost.
Yes, actually around National Stadium station.

Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:49 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
In MBK shopping mall, adjacent to the National Stadium, there are several Thai massage shop, albeit they are quite small.

Assuming you are staying in the area of lub-d, Holiday Inn Express, Siam Siam, or the new Ibis/Mercure, here's a few more.
If you walk towards the main intersection there (Rama I & Phaya Thai Rd), turn left (up Phaya Thai Rd), and walk over the bridge, there are at least 2 more fairly decent Thai Massage shops. If you get to the BTS Ratchetewi, you've gone too far.

The more upscale shops like the ones you mention and hundreds more, are along Sukhumvit Rd, which is the same road as Rama I, but 2-3 km down (the road changes names twice between Siam and Nana BTS stops, or in the Silom/Suriwongse district. Just be aware that as you get into the Sukhumvit or Silom area the likelihood that you will be offered/expected more than just a massage will rise exponentially. In the Siam area, or any of the upscale locations, the chances of it being a legitimate massage are quite good.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:40 pm

Favorite place on Soi 33, quite pleasant and relaxing:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11543268-post16.html
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! I've tried Lavana and it was good!
1320 Baht for a 2-hour aroma oil message!

I think I will be planning my next Bangkok trip very soon and get some new message experience~!
Old Feb 23, 2013, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by dtsm
Favorite place on Soi 33, quite pleasant and relaxing:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11543268-post16.html
I've had at least 100 massages at Cefele. They get busy after work, & all day Sat & Sun. Best to make a reservation at those times. It's 350 for 2 hrs now.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 9:19 am

I've also tried the aroma oil massage. Is it supposed to actually be aromatic? I didn't really smell much the one time I tried it. I understand that every place is different, but I expected strong aromas.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
I've had at least 100 massages at Cefele. They get busy after work, & all day Sat & Sun. Best to make a reservation at those times. It's 350 for 2 hrs now.
With some free time on my hands yesterday I gave this place a try. Conclusions: It was an OK massage.

Understanding that this is masseuse specific I'll give them another try or two. The snoring individual near me was not the most pleasant thing.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
With some free time on my hands yesterday I gave this place a try. Conclusions: It was an OK massage.

Understanding that this is masseuse specific I'll give them another try or two. The snoring individual near me was not the most pleasant thing.
I've found it to be good usually. I tend to book ahead, go early, and ask for a couple specific little bears that give me a hard semi-painful massage (jeb !). Later in the day isn't as good since their hands get tired and the Japanese salarymen come in and snore away. To their credit the girls finish the massage.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
I've also tried the aroma oil massage. Is it supposed to actually be aromatic? I didn't really smell much the one time I tried it. I understand that every place is different, but I expected strong aromas.
Where did you have you message?

At Lavana, they will let you choose one scent before your message. Also, you could customize your own herbal ball if you have chosen the "herbal ball" package.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
I've found it to be good usually. I tend to book ahead, go early, and ask for a couple specific little bears that give me a hard semi-painful massage (jeb !). Later in the day isn't as good since their hands get tired and the Japanese salarymen come in and snore away. To their credit the girls finish the massage.

Nice game plan. Never gave thought to going in early but I also prefer short and stocky women when it comes to massage: Their strength is unmatched.

I did notice the woman kept plugging away at the snoring guy and kept hoping she'd dig into a nerve and jolt him to reality.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by twydeutschland
Where did you have you message?

At Lavana, they will let you choose one scent before your message. Also, you could customize your own herbal ball if you have chosen the "herbal ball" package.
Healthland, Ekkamai
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
+1 for Healthland. Went there this morning at very short notice and had an excellent 90 min massage for THB1,200.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I am heading back to BKK and to the Hilton. If I remember correctly from a few years ago, there is a legit massage place nearby, maybe right across the river? I just don't remember - does this ring a bell for anyone?

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.